BREAKING NEWS - CHANSIRI LOOKING TO SECURE DEBT AGAINST HILLSBOROUGH STADIUM

3 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Not too sure he has ‘backers’

DC has his own £££ and regardless of what a few say,  he’s not broke ,  the question that needs to be posed is he still prepared to chuck endless amounts at it or is he now operating on a footing that may just give him the option of getting out 

How do you know this?

11 minutes ago, Mus said:

But if he already owns the stadium why doesn't he just sell it if he can't afford the payments. I'm totally lost now.

I hate the way our beloved club is being used.

As I understand it the company DC set up to buy the stadium is paying in instalments. This new financing will mean those funds come from a third party as opposed to DC introducing his own capital. A downside of that being S6 and possibly other assets will then be the security against the loan. Not a problem while ever you are servicing the loan.

As @ChinaOwl pointed out, the true value of our stadium is only a fraction of the 60m DC bought it for. So, if we are engaging in this exercise to free up a relatively small amount that would be quite troubling. Business's borrow money for many reasons not all negative, I just can’t see any positive ones based on what we know so far.

Also, that it has leaked without a prior press release explanation is also a concern. Good or bad you’d want to control how this story broke as much as possible.

Edited by Morepork
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Not too sure he has ‘backers’

DC has his own £££ and regardless of what a few say,  he’s not broke ,  the question that needs to be posed is he still prepared to chuck endless amounts at it or is he now operating on a footing that may just give him the option of getting out 

If he hasn't got backers he's done £140 million of his wealth then.

3 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

I don’t see a meltdown, but do not understand, if the man has business acumen and a pocket to match, why borrow, and pay interest.

Why take risks. 

Or does his track record just lead us to imaging the worst and subsequent bed-wetting. 

Virtually every business borrows money. Its the basis of capitalism.

I dont want to be harsh but if people dont understand things like this they aren't going to be able to understand more complex financial transactions and why they might be an advantage in the short term.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Morepork said:

As I understand it the company DC set up to buy the stadium is paying in instalments. This new financing will mean those funds come from a third party as opposed to DC introducing his own capital. A downside of that being S6 and possibly other assets will then be the security against the loan.

As @ChinaOwl pointed out, the true value of our stadium is only a fraction of the 60m DC bought it for. So, if we are engaging in this exercise to free up a relatively small amount that would be quite troubling. Business's borrow money for many reasons not all negative, I just can’t see any positive ones based on what we know so far.

Also, that it has leaked without a prior press release explanation is also a concern. Good or bad you’d want to control how this story broke as much as possible.

Thanks for that, I have never been good with figures or capital, probably why I'm always skint 😬

1 minute ago, Mus said:

Thanks for that, I have never been good with figures or capital, probably why I'm always skint 😬

Well it would appear you have prospects in the finance dept at Wednesday then, you have the requisite qualifications. lol

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Nero said:

I dont want to be harsh but if people dont understand things like this they aren't going to be able to understand more complex financial transactions and why they might be an advantage in the short term.

I know you're a high flyer from what you've told us.

But surely you only borrow money to expand?

Also in my business dealings there was a credit rating to consider that wasn't very different to the high street banks'.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Costello 77 said:

I know you're a high flyer from what you've told us.

But surely you only borrow money to expand?

Also in my business dealings there was a credit rating to consider that wasn't very different to the high street banks'.

maybe he’s just doing it so he can splash the cash before the window closes 😉

7 minutes ago, Nero said:

Nowt wrong with borrowing, its the paying back

4 minutes ago, Nero said:

I understand all of that, I work in finance. We all borrow. And done lend, generally for profit. 

Second charge / secured lending isn’t anything new to most.

But how short is this term you are referring to. I’m genuinely interested- what’s the pay off. 

30 minutes ago, Uncle Mort AMB said:

I'am holding fire the last time i took a dump on the bedroom fan , it turned out Milan had mortgaged the ground for just 

£2 million FFS.

You should have made your move then Morty ...

Gonna cost you upwards of 150 million now... 

Plus interest.....

• Like 1

If you ever took out a consolidation loan at a lower apr to pay off debts on a higher apr then that’s what dc has done ? Saving himself money in the long run ? The the view of someone on Twitter that makes sense to me hopefully 😳