BREAKING NEWS - CHANSIRI LOOKING TO SECURE DEBT AGAINST HILLSBOROUGH STADIUM

6 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Listening to the last two callers on RSFH and taking a bit of a leap in the dark could there be a joint venture taking shape here with a brand new Stadium in the offing ...BFC & SWFC along the M1 corridor ? 

Please somebody make it stop!

For the thousandth time in the last 4 years, Chansiri does not have the cash!!!!

Everything he has done tells you that!!  

And who the f*** are BFC?

Edited by HirstWhoScoredIt
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Mus said:

But if he already owns the stadium why doesn't he just sell it if he can't afford the payments. I'm totally lost now.

I hate the way our beloved club is being used.

Probably because, if you want to sell something, there has to be a buyer. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vulva said:

This.  

How many of us now ? 

Speak to more and more every week who are getting proper fed up with football

On this ‘breaking news’ I think i heard something along these lines quite a while ago and I’m led to believe it’s really not that much to be concerned about ... however , i don’t have the depth of knowledge on the subject that others do but whenever there’s a lack of communication from the club we will always see 2+2 been added upto 5 and blind panic ensuing 

Just now, Mus said:

But if he already owns the stadium why doesn't he just sell it if he can't afford the payments. I'm totally lost now.

I hate the way our beloved club is being used.

From what I can gather he's doing it to raise money in the short term to keep the club afloat during the Covid 19 pandemic.  As there is no money coming in to the club. 

Which is quite nice of him if that is so.  

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Nero said:

When you get a mortgage, the loan is 'secured' against the value of your home until it's paid off. If you can't keep up your repayments the lender can repossess (take back) your home and sell it so they get their money back. 

Thats what the charge on the ground is but more like an equity release.

Its only a problem if Chansiri can't pay it back which is unlikely tbf to him.

Im sorry if people are enjoying an end of the world meltdown but carry on by all means.

I don’t see a meltdown, but do not understand, if the man has business acumen and a pocket to match, why borrow, and pay interest.

Why take risks. 

Or does his track record just lead us to imaging the worst and subsequent bed-wetting. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

I expect his backers have drawn a line.

So he's raising his own capital now.

Not entirely unexpected.

Not too sure he has ‘backers’

DC has his own £££ and regardless of what a few say,  he’s not broke ,  the question that needs to be posed is he still prepared to chuck endless amounts at it or is he now operating on a footing that may just give him the option of getting out 

1 minute ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

I don’t see a meltdown, but do not understand, if the man has business acumen and a pocket to match, why borrow, and pay interest.

Why take risks. 

Or does his track record just lead us to imaging the worst and subsequent bed-wetting. 

Why did derby loan £30 million when their owner is worth north of £500m?

• Like 2

Just now, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

Why did derby loan £30 million when their owner is worth north of £500m?

I think so if it all went wrong it's not his £30 million down the pan, he can walk away laughing.

46 minutes ago, N0rtherner said:

Can someone please explain why Wednesday have to do the repayments here?

Sheffield Wednesday (SWFC) is owned by DC

Hillsborough stadium was sold to SHEFFIELD 3 LIMITED (S3L), also owned/controlled by DC.

Nigel Weiss/New Avenue Projects Ltd (NAP) acted as the intermediary in the sale of Hillsborough Stadium by SWFC to S3L.

The sum agreed was £60M but it's not all been paid to SWFC yet, by S3L, then I guess, but it's supposed to be paid in instalments and show in our annual accounts.

But why has NAP now launched a charge that, quote "could see the owner of the charge sell Hillsborough if Wednesday don't keep up with repayments."

Aren't SWFC the victim here? The stadium has been sold, and payments have not been made in time by this S3L company that DC owns. And what's NAP's stake in this - didn't they get their commission in full when the sale went through?

I don't get the wording of this... it's been a long day of click bait discussions 😄 

Why would Chansiri need an "intermediary" to sell the stadium to himself? 

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

I could be wrong

Waiting for someone more knowledgable like @mkowl or ideally a real expert like Keiran Maguire to come along and advise

I will wait until I see the documents, then make a hyped up headline to get clickbait