BREAKING NEWS - CHANSIRI LOOKING TO SECURE DEBT AGAINST HILLSBOROUGH STADIUM

This cannot affect SWFC any more than the sale of Hillsborough to Chansiri already has. 

The football club and stadium are now separate. If the stadiums ownership changes hands we'll remain there until a new owner sees fit. That'll be when Hillsborough gets to the point where, being in a flood zone, next to industrial areas and in an area of Sheffield that is more affordable, it makes more financial sense for someone to tear down the stadium and build houses. That's a long way off. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, ChinaOwl said:

Only that Sheffield 3 and Chansiri owe the money and technically it is not a debt owed by Sheffield Wednesday. I am surprised that a third party accepted the ground as collateral against a loan because I doubt that they would recover the money if Chansiri defaulted (unless it is a relatively small figure).

Well no idea what that means.... is the club in the poo  Yes/No 

7 minutes ago, cardiffowl06 said:

This cannot affect SWFC any more than the sale of Hillsborough to Chansiri already has. 

The football club and stadium are now separate. If the stadiums ownership changes hands we'll remain there until a new owner sees fit. That'll be when Hillsborough gets to the point where, being in a flood zone, next to industrial areas and in an area of Sheffield that is more affordable, it makes more financial sense for someone to tear down the stadium and build houses. That's a long way off. 

Thanks for clarifying why you have -476 reputation.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Morepork said:

Have I missed the amount of the loan, has it been reported??

Actually, a small loan would have no better co connotations than a large one......

The thing is, forget the £60 million valuation (that is just a number invented using accountants bullshittery). A third party loan provider are only going to loan up to the amount they feel can be raised if the ground was put up for public auction. In the current climate, I would be surpised if it was more than £5 million to £10 million.as a realistic auction value. Could even be less.

• Like 2

Just now, ChinaOwl said:

The thing is, forget the £60 million valuation (that is just a number invented using accountants bullshittery). A third party loan provider are only going to loan up to the amount they feel can be raised if the ground was put up for public auction. In the current climate, I would be surpised if it was more than £5 million to £10 million.as a realistic auction value. Could even be less.

Exactly, and a loan for an amount like that is far more worrying.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Markowski77 said:

Can someone explain in simpleton terms what’s going on 😂🤣

Confirmation that he didn’t use his ‘own’ money to buy the ground. Or summat like that. 

Question for me is, why has this been made public. Is there an implication that he will default on the agreement. 

I lost faith in him a while back, keep thinking he’ll come good but it’s a false hope.