Chey Dunkley - October 20th

Considering I’m still recovering from a double leg break I sustained in November and 2018 then this signing is ridiculously baffling.

Granted, I don’t think he’s been treated by a dodgy surgeon at Doncaster Royal Infirmary. But even still, even with the best medical treatment money can buy, double leg fractures are nasty and full of complications. If he only sustained it at the end of February then it doesn’t fill be with confidence.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, FlyingOwl said:

Considering I’m still recovering from a double leg break I sustained in November and 2018 then this signing is ridiculously baffling.

Granted, I don’t think he’s been treated by a dodgy surgeon at Doncaster Royal Infirmary. But even still, even with the best medical treatment money can buy, double leg fractures are nasty and full of complications. If he only sustained it at the end of February then it doesn’t fill be with confidence.

Probably need to change your username mate... LimpingOwl perhaps?

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, FreshOwl said:

I think if he was fit we wouldn’t have had a chance of signing him. We were probably the only team willing to take a gamble on an injured player 🤦‍♂️ 

Reeks of Sam Hutchinson 

Reeks even more of the signings around the Phil O'Donnell era

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Therealrealist
3 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

I think if he was fit we wouldn’t have had a chance of signing him. We were probably the only team willing to take a gamble on an injured player 🤦‍♂️ 

Reeks of Sam Hutchinson 

How often wer hutch injured in last 2 seasons?..this is more like abdi

23 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

How often wer hutch injured in last 2 seasons?..this is more like abdi

To be fair Dunkley has probably played in around 80% of seasons over last 4-5 years, apart from this injury 

Edited by FreshOwl

Guest Therealrealist
1 minute ago, FreshOwl said:

To be fair Dunkley has probably played in around 80% of seasons over last 4-5 years apart from this injury 

So he hasn’t played in every season😵 or do you mean games? Even so it’s irrelevant..we have signed a player who his recovering from a double leg break when money is tighter than a ducks arris..who’s his agent,.anybody know?

9 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

So he hasn’t played in every season😵 or do you mean games? Even so it’s irrelevant..we have signed a player who his recovering from a double leg break when money is tighter than a ducks arris..who’s his agent,.anybody know?

More or less ever present from 2016- feb 20 when he got the double fracture, but yeah probably in the agents phone book along with Abdi, Urby, Anthony Gardner, Melo, Hutch

Edited by FreshOwl

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Reeks even more of the signings around the Phil O'Donnell era

Do you think this was a poor choice of signing by Monk or do you think the club sign the players and the manager doesn't have the final say?

8 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Do you think this was a poor choice of signing by Monk or do you think the club sign the players and the manager doesn't have the final say?

I think we are fighting over scraps for the main part............. all of our own making though.

• Like 1

Our sixth game is Oct 21st.

Our tenth game is Nov 3rd. 

If for instance he returns then and manages to be as ever present as he was the previous 4/5 years we could still get 30+ league games from him. Also from the interviews we've seen of him it's epically apparent he's been a positive impact in the changing room since he joined. We can start throwing the toys out if he's not anywhere near a squad or a starting place by early Nov.

It's almost a cert that by this time next week he will have had a 'set back' and be out for longer, then the magical 'back in two weeks' will start 

Funny how everyone knew we were signing a (reputedly) good player recovering from a long-term injury a month ago and was happy about it. And now, one month later, with the recovery seemingly going according to plan, everyone is having a meltdown.

*reputedly - as I haven't seen him play

• Like 4