Jump to content

Premier League offer £50million bail out to lower league clubs


Recommended Posts

The PL don’t give a throw about EFL clubs. They wanted more money in the first instance and a campaign to break away and form the PL was spearheaded by none other than Rick Parry. The very same Mr Parry that’s f***ed us over for spending too much. 
 

As more and more money came flooding in,it was always going to spell doom for the lower league teams with no sharing of wealth from the obsurd TV money. 
 

COVID will just accelerated the demise of many clubs. Football, created by the working class and stole by the rich. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

 Should Tesco be bailing out the local corner shop?  

 

 

He has a point with that. However, the question could be asked does the supermarket pay the farmer a fair price for it's milk.

Are there not some farms that have gone out of business due to lack of funds being paid from the big supermarkets.

Sadly, the price of the milk the corner shop has to pay has risen due to the farmer / dairy having to increase their costs as a knock on. 

Unfortunately, the end user / customer has to pay more for their daily pint when all the time the big boys could just pay a fair price for the milk.

I'm sure there's a football analogy in there somewhere.lol

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, marshy said:

He has a point with that. However, the question could be asked does the supermarket pay the farmer a fair price for it's milk.

Are there not some farms that have gone out of business due to lack of funds being paid from the big supermarkets.

Sadly, the price of the milk the corner shop has to pay has risen due to the farmer / dairy having to increase their costs as a knock on. 

Unfortunately, the end user / customer has to pay more for their daily pint when all the time the big boys could just pay a fair price for the milk.

I'm sure there's a football analogy in there somewhere.lol

 

Milk Cup?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

 

Milk Cup?

Got it.lol

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

That would only be around 1m a club for leagues one and two if the championship was excluded. 
 

Parish has come across badly in this

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, marshy said:

He has a point with that. However, the question could be asked does the supermarket pay the farmer a fair price for it's milk.

Are there not some farms that have gone out of business due to lack of funds being paid from the big supermarkets.

Sadly, the price of the milk the corner shop has to pay has risen due to the farmer / dairy having to increase their costs as a knock on. 

Unfortunately, the end user / customer has to pay more for their daily pint when all the time the big boys could just pay a fair price for the milk.

I'm sure there's a football analogy in there somewhere.lol


I don’t think he has a point. Tesco have no relationship or need for a corner shop.

 

The EFL is a supply chain/training and development environment for the clubs at the top of the pyramid. It also acts as a safety net for some of the players they release who would be without a job if the lower leagues went.

 

Moreover these are institutions not just businesses. Palace went into admin once.

 

Hes just trying to justify his own self interest. I’d rather he just said he didn’t want to rather than try and compare apples and oranges.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Football outside the prem should have stayed in mothballs,clubs outside the prem need crowds as they rely on that revenue for survival,it was madness to restart the season,clubs will fold due to this decision,november is flu season and covid will come back with avengance.

Unless the EFL and the PFA can work out a sustainable package with player wages and club incomes,the whole package below the prem is a complete farce,players will have to resign themselves to sustainable incomes like the rest of the rat race.

Covids here to stay,its humanity that will have to adapt

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The premier league was summed up perfectly for me last night . At 8pm on Skys deadline day show, they announced Arsenal had made redundant their matchday mascot ,who had been entertaining the young kids at the home games for 35 years due to "cost cutting measures " ,then at 10pm they announce Arsenal had signed a midfielder from Athletico Madrid for £45m . 

 

 

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, papalazarowl said:

If it includes all 72 EFL it is £694,444 each it amounts to about the revenue from 3 sets of gate receipts.

 

Tell em to shove it ! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

 Should Tesco be bailing out the local corner shop?  

 

 

What a good analogy when Tesco has already put most corner shops out of business. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The figure is not worth being sold down the river to the PL who can then begin to dictate what they want to do.

 

Its a no from me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, room0035 said:

If you think that us or Barnsley are rivals to Man Utd or Chelsea then I think you probably need to get your self check for Covid.

 

We don't start the season with £100m for finishing last we get £8m a season from sky, we lose gate receipts when games are on the red button or when sky mess with kick off times. But our turnover for the last few years gate receipts have account for 67% of our income for lower league clubs that figures is a lot higher.

 

Without the footballing world helping each other probably in the region of 20-30 clubs at least will fold. Of the current England team for the next international about 10 of them started at an EFL club and probably the rest of them have either made their league debut or spent sometime on loan here. 

 

Thanks to the GREED of the premier league a lot of these teams could well cease to exist after over 100+ year of history.

 

 

All football clubs are rivals, whether on the pitch or off it attracting fans etc. Obvious disparirty in spending and wealth just like in any commercial environment.

Every business sector when times are hard pleads the "special case", whether it is shipbuilding, textiles etc etc.  The common factor is that they are not viable. If 20 _ 30 clubs are in danger, would guess they have been that way for a long time. Many clubs have gone bust then reform in l lower tier, so don't cease to exist. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, legendaryswan said:

Football outside the prem should have stayed in mothballs,clubs outside the prem need crowds as they rely on that revenue for survival,it was madness to restart the season,clubs will fold due to this decision,november is flu season and covid will come back with avengance.

Unless the EFL and the PFA can work out a sustainable package with player wages and club incomes,the whole package below the prem is a complete farce,players will have to resign themselves to sustainable incomes like the rest of the rat race.

Covids here to stay,its humanity that will have to adapt

Sadly, I agree. Nothing better than going to the game, part of routine for years. But games with no fans just seems pointless, it's more than the result it's the day out. 

The authoities should have written off the season, for EFL. All about the money not health.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

 Should Tesco be bailing out the local corner shop?  

 

 

Not really sure EFL teams are competing with Premier clubs as per your analogy. Maybe we are more like a supplier.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Brommers said:

Not really sure EFL teams are competing with Premier clubs as per your analogy. Maybe we are more like a supplier.

Why should one company be made to help another one?  Where in the business world does that happen? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...