Premier League offer £50million bail out to lower league clubs

2 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

If you saw your neighbors house being broke into would you call the police?.

Or if the house was on fire would you call the Fire service?.

That attitude just sums up society today.

fizz YOU I AM ALRIGHT.

It's not todays society though is it ?  If a company is going broke no one has ever stepped in to save it unless there was something in it for them.

Welcome  to Thatcher's Britain!!!

• Like 1

Says it all when he refers to the EFL as competitors rather than part of the same pyramid without which the Premier League wouldn’t exist. If the bottom of the pyramid collapses the top collapses with it. 

I’ve said it before but the more I hear from the Premier League the less I want our club to be part of it.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, mogbad said:

Says it all when he refers to the EFL as competitors rather than part of the same pyramid without which the Premier League wouldn’t exist. If the bottom of the pyramid collapses the top collapses with it. 

I’ve said it before but the more I hear from the Premier League the less I want our club to be part of it.

They are competitors they are vying for fans, television deals, sponsorship etc   The strong get stronger the weak can go and .... themselves 

7 minutes ago, vulva said:

Football has missed a huge opportunity with Covid. They had a chance to reconnect the game with real world. They’ve missed that opportunity and will pay for it for generations. I’m convinced people have, and will continue to walk away from the game. Turkeys have voted for Christmas here.  

Perhaps much worse than that.

The current season is remarkable - some incredible results and performances, without crowds influencing refs and results.  And with VAR the cheating that likes of man utd did no longer possible.  

Most people will take the PL at it is this season - big boys being tonked by 5,6 or 7 - fake crowd noise and loads of games on tv.

5 minutes ago, mogbad said:

I think you are seriously underestimating the power of the PL. If league 1 and 2 went bust tomorrow, PL would be pretty much unaffected. If championship went as well, they would simply reintroduce reserve leagues so Chelsea B, Chelsea C and Chelsea D would give their younger players game time rather than loaning them out. 

• Like 1

Parish should be careful, Palace likely to be back in the EFL in the not too distant future. 

While I can understand his argument and agree in principle, the PL have irreparable changed the ecosystem of football, have a stranglehold on money coming into the game and offer scraps (relatively speaking)  in solidarity payments to ease their greedy conscience. 

Without the lower leagues and the notion of promotion and relegation, the PL would be a very stale league, significantly devalued and they should do well to remember that. The EFL would also do well to remember that and stop being blackmailed by the PL, grow a set of balls and start  to represent member clubs in the manner they deserve, not selling themselves short, pretending the entire football fan base is 12 years old and hero worships whoever is flavour of the day in a vastly overhyped PL.

• Like 1

Just now, Inspector Lestrade said:

No

So its not a good comparison then. If people couldn't go into Tesco and the local shop, but Tesco was still receiving most of its money through other means but the corner shop wasn't, then it would be a fair comparison but its not.

The guy from Palace is just pure selfish in his thinking

18 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

Easy way round this so it isnt a bail out in explicit terms.

Use the finance bill to add in a windfall tax on the TV money being paid to the Premier League.

Then at the same time eliminate employers NIC, VAT and any other business taxes on rest of football clubs

Govt also provides interest free loans to clubs outside PL, repayment trigger when football clubs return to 85% of 2018/29 turnover.

I can see the windfall tax idea as a workable one if the EPL clubs refuse to help.

Not sure how the tax changes can work because they have to apply across the board.

Though a 25% employers NI rate on those earning over 20k a week might work 

3 minutes ago, RockieOwl said:

So its not a good comparison then. If people couldn't go into Tesco and the local shop, but Tesco was still receiving most of its money through other means but the corner shop wasn't, then it would be a fair comparison but its not.

The guy from Palace is just pure selfish in his thinking

So a company in danger of going bust because their customers cannot access their shop must bail out another shop who are  in the same predicament?

Do Tescos pay solidarity payments to the corner shop? 

Do the corner shops get parachute payments from Tescos if they have to downsize? 

Does Tescos actively recruit staff from the corner shop and pay them a transfer fee when doing so? 

Do corner shops get promoted to the same level as Tescos and then relegated?

What Parrish is trying to say is: *we are in the Prem and we don't give a poo about the rest of you. Cheers.* 

Interestingly, I've read one of the many stipulations attached to said funding is theyll be no promotion or relegation if the PL or Champ do not complete 75 percent of their season. Wonder which clubs were pushing for that then? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

So a company in danger of going bust because their customers cannot access their shop must bail out another shop who are  in the same predicament?

How much did PL clubs just spend in the transfer window? 

1 minute ago, nbupperthongowl said:

Do TESCO buy produce from the local corner shop?.....no, do TESCO  lend their produce to the local shop to develop it?........ again, no

That isn't a valid comparison, it's just a soundbite

I don't see what that has to with it, they are a separate entity why should one club be responsible for another club?

Morally I can see and support your view but why is football somehow different to all other businesses? 

9 minutes ago, mkowl said:

I can see the windfall tax idea as a workable one if the EPL clubs refuse to help.

Not sure how the tax changes can work because they have to apply across the board.

Though a 25% employers NI rate on those earning over 20k a week might work 

Could they levy VAT on premier League transfer fees, 20% of the money spent would sort out the EFL clubs?