Lee Bullen SPEAKS OUT

Haven’t we heard all this before, he said the same about the young Villa winger, then repeated it about the two lads last week. If we bring them in on trial, and they do well, what more can they do? It’s like we’re just using the system to temporary fill in the gaps in the squad. We are short of strikers at that level, we need two or three, so if they impress, sign them up If we don’t have the money to pay their wages, why waste their time

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

Haven’t we heard all this before, he said the same about the young Villa winger, then repeated it about the two lads last week. If we bring them in on trial, and they do well, what more can they do? It’s like we’re just using the system to temporary fill in the gaps in the squad. We are short of strikers at that level, we need two or three, so if they impress, sign them up If we don’t have the money to pay their wages, why waste their time

Because we're short of U23 players

All ours are in the first team

So we go window shopping pretending we're interested in players, get them on a 'trial' and play them to fill a shirt then rinse and repeat

lol

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Because we're short of U23 players

All ours are in the first team

So we go window shopping pretending we're interested in players, get them on a 'trial' and play them to fill a shirt then rinse and repeat

lol

Quite, but we don’t have to play the U23 players in the first team, we have plenty of players in that squad. If we choose to do that, because that’s how we see the way forward, great I’m all for it, but don’t then waste money buying mediocre players for the first team squad. Better to spend a far lesser amount on bringing the U23 squad of to scratch, so we will have an even more plentiful supply of youngsters

7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

How can it  be click bait? 

Lee Bullen has spoken out

100% factually correct and I stand by the headline

Speaks out in CAPITAL LETTERS typically infer there's statements being made on something of a hot topic at the club.. e.g. Monk's managerial style, Reach's interview and players played out of position, points deduction or other bad poo we've gone through lately... him just rating a striker trialist, I'm thinking you could've made a far better headline out of that 😉 "Bullen praises new u23 striker trialist!" or something like that. Heck "Bullen PRAISES NEW u23 STRIKER trialist" if you needed capital letters 😉

• Like 3

This is just my opinion but why is Bullen still at the club he has failed in the first team for the last 4 years. He has limited to no coaching ability at youth level. When ever he is in charge of the first team he always reverts to his experienced players and drops the kids.

His record so far this season is played 4, lost 4, conceded 7 scored 3, so other than mirroring the first team with playing the wrong formation for the players he has, conceding too many goals and also conceding late goals as the last game showed, so players appearing to switch off and not play to the whistle.

For me get rid bring in someone who is qualified at running youth development squads and actually has a track record of producing good players.

I knew you asked Neil Redfern is the man we need currently managing the women's team in the dark side of the city. If you don't believe me look at the guys cv at youth level and the players he has developed into first team premier league players. Compare that with Bullen's record and tell me who you would prefer to have running the most important part of our club in probably 30+ years. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

And just as the clock was ticking to make it nearly a week before some numbskull did a Lee Bullen is to blame for everything post here it comes...

No Lee Bullen is not to blame the muppet who kept him at the club is to blame, when you get rid of coaches for not being good enough you don't reward them with roles within the club and worse a vital role that the club needs. 

We need to develop our own players.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, room0035 said:

This is just my opinion but why is Bullen still at the club he has failed in the first team for the last 4 years. He has limited to no coaching ability at youth level. When ever he is in charge of the first team he always reverts to his experienced players and drops the kids.

His record so far this season is played 4, lost 4, conceded 7 scored 3, so other than mirroring the first team with playing the wrong formation for the players he has, conceding too many goals and also conceding late goals as the last game showed, so players appearing to switch off and not play to the whistle.

For me get rid bring in someone who is qualified at running youth development squads and actually has a track record of producing good players.

I knew you asked Neil Redfern is the man we need currently managing the women's team in the dark side of the city. If you don't believe me look at the guys cv at youth level and the players he has developed into first team premier league players. Compare that with Bullen's record and tell me who you would prefer to have running the most important part of our club in probably 30+ years. 

To be fair, I don’t think Bullen would employ this system if he had his own way, as he has said he favours the 4-2-3-1. A system that would suit the U23s perfectly, due to only having the one striker, and a shortage of centre backs. Player like Grant, Hagan and Hidalgo would in thrive in that second line behind the striker Even at this level, like the first team, Monk is forcing us to play a system that doesn’t suit the players we have, with similar consequences

10 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

So CHANSIRI OUT then and not Lee Bullen?

So what would you do with the youth team that has developed no players of note in the last 10 -15 years.

Do you get in the best coaching in the land, scout good young local players, as well as good players from elsewhere and try and develop that talent

OR

Do you take a coach that has not performed for the last 4 years and put him in charge of developing those players bringing in players released from League 2 clubs, do you shoe horn those youth players into playing a system that does not work when you have no strikers or wing backs and probably stunt the player progression or they simple leave for other teams.

• Like 1