Little Progress

6 hours ago, room0035 said:

Indeed but we continue this mid table from we probably get relegated we need top 10 form, because we need 12 more points than everyone else and drawing too many games just put us further behind.

Strikers, strikers, strikers, Monk has know since January he needed them. When only Fletcher got offered a new deal. 9 months later we are being linked with 1 player we should have binned off when they said £25k a week.

QPR who we played in Saturday sign Willock for £750k yesterday former Arsenal player and Bonne for a fee rising £2m - 2 players we should have been in for. Instead we remain transfixed on our one and only target we cannot afford.

Spot on bud,

Good post..

3 hours ago, parajack said:

Results (this season) dont bear out what your saying,we were unlucky not to have 3 points against QPR(we wont debate bad luck v bad judgement!!) Yes the players need time to bed in,& produce what monk wants,we simply must have enough players in the squad,to allow for a bad run of 'injuries/suspensions' at least for this year,& to create a healthy competition for places..

We could do with at least 1 more striker,but Patterson looks promising, & is a big Unit....all we can do now is see where the team takes us...& support out manager,& our team..

QPR deserved a point Saturday

We were lame,again,as last season

Long way to go

But last 2 games we look like a bottom 6 side imo

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Emilianenko said:

Monk inherited a top half team and did well to keep us up?

Monk had to put up with Covid and a delay to the season?

He done well.😃🏆🥇

Come off it....inhertited a top half team my bell****ingend..  maybe in the wages league they might have been alleged contenders

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, parajack said:

Come off it....inhertited a top half team my bell****ingend..  maybe in the wages league they might have been alleged contenders

We were in the top half when he took over . Played 6 won 3 lost 3.

The inevitable season collapse(or the Garry Monk as it’s known in the trade) followed at Christmas.

14 hours ago, room0035 said:

Indeed but we continue this mid table from we probably get relegated we need top 10 form, because we need 12 more points than everyone else and drawing too many games just put us further behind.

Strikers, strikers, strikers, Monk has know since January he needed them. When only Fletcher got offered a new deal. 9 months later we are being linked with 1 player we should have binned off when they said £25k a week.

QPR who we played in Saturday sign Willock for £750k yesterday former Arsenal player and Bonne for a fee rising £2m - 2 players we should have been in for. Instead we remain transfixed on our one and only target we cannot afford.

Too many games? so how many have we 'drawn' than? we have played 4 games and been beaten once ....its too early to draw such conclusions,be patient 10 or 12 games will give us an idea...is what it is

Just now, Emilianenko said:

We were in the top half when he took over . Played 6 won 3 lost 3.

The inevitable season collapse(or the Garry Monk as it’s known in the trade) followed at Christmas.

Well cut & paste me all your 'monk out' posts from that time than? up to,and before Xmas,,i wont hold my breath

5 minutes ago, Emilianenko said:

What’s that got to do with anything?

Consistency,if you wernt saying he was cr*p than,your just using 'hindsight' now..  you haven't done it,cos you didn't post any did you?

Dont worry,up to now,not one person on here has managed it....

My recollection of posts on here at Xmas(from forum members) is monk was doing a good job,we were third,and looking forward to an automatic promotion spot..

Some were not happy with aspects of tactics & substitutions,but i didnt see a single  monk out post...would have been bizarre

Edited by parajack

2 minutes ago, parajack said:

Consistency,if you wernt saying he was cr*p than,your just using 'hindsight' now..  you haven't done it,cos you didn't post any did you?

Dont worry,up to now,not one person on here has managed it....

My recollection of posts on here at Xmas(from forum members) is monk was doing a good job,we were third,and looking forward to an automatic promotion spot..

Some were not happy with aspects of tactics & substitutions,but i didnt see a single  monk out post...would have been bizarre

Anyone who post Monk out threads after 2 months would be mental or have a preconceived opinion.

However after seeing what happened after nearly a full season (or hindsight as you put it) I believe it was a fair enough time to judge him. 

Still don’t know what this has to do with the FACT he inherited a team in the top half though.

12 hours ago, parajack said:

Too many games? so how many have we 'drawn' than? we have played 4 games and been beaten once ....its too early to draw such conclusions,be patient 10 or 12 games will give us an idea...is what it is

For me I have already said Monk has 10 games to get us positive and we need to be out of the bottom 3 or with a win or so by the end of November if not then he needs replacing.

This may sound harsh but we have 8 league games in December, a new man coming up could get a new manager bounce and with so many games quick and fast we could soon be well out of trouble. But equally if we are not playing well under Monk and he stays very quickly we could be cut adrift at the bottom of the table.

The Monk lovers on here won't like it but we cannot, hope he does the job. He needs to be set clear targets to reach or at times throughout the season or we get rid. We are already showing signs of the same inability to finish off games or play to the final whistle  as last season and scoring goals is a real issue too.

In Monks 44 league games in charge we have only scored more than 1 goal on just 11 occasions so what this means in when we concede just 1 goal we normally don't win the game. 

• Like 1

On 06/10/2020 at 10:15, parajack said:

Mate the dreaded 'stats'!!! So many factors from last season that were not monks doing.Alleged 'bad influence' players,who he felt unable to pick,alleged 'injuries' & loss of form of key players. Player embargo and unable to bring in players.

NO back room team of his own,Covid 19 enforced layoff,and season delay...Fletcher injury, 3 of his team allegedly refuse to agree to play on to help the Club,playing with the threat of relegation,irrespective of League position,if a pending points deduction applied for season 19/20...

Monk should not be judged as 'one of the worst managers we have had' based on last seasons stats,record books or not...simply not fair...

The only stat that matters from last season,is the one rarely(if ever) mentioned.Monk as manager harvested enough points for us to stay up as of right,in the Championship.We could only be relegated by a points deduction.

We go on,as a team,as fans/supporters & as fellow 'Wednesdayites'...we dont give in,or give up, & we dont leave anyone behind.....AIRBORNE

Hear what you are saying. But by the same token why is Wilder still at United🤮? If he was judged on this season alone he would be gone. We survived last season based on points amassed before Xmas. Need to cut out the stupid tendency of stopping doing the basics in closing out games we are winning.

• Like 1