Best ever Sheffield Wednesday free kick routine?

12 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

My favourite routine is the one where Waddle runs up and tw*ts the ball into the top corner of the Blades' net.

It's a bit technical, so I'll include a video to help you picture it...

1250260436_WaddleFreekick.gif.acc2df426c4b2f429d0101c3d6f92919.gif

The best bit about that routine is the fact that Dem Blades didn't think a wall was necessary!

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, shandypants said:

I was at Luton when Shez did that - the away end was behind that goal if I remember correctly.  We all went fvvcking mental when it went in.  Matt Le Tissier did exactly the same thing a few weeks later on MOTD and was credited with innovating it.  I was furious but when I sat and though about it, I think Frank Worthington did it before Shez - so maybe it should have been the Leicester fans that felt aggrieved (I say Leicester fans but it could have been fans of one of the other 40 clubs FW played for in his 400 year professional career).  

Opposite end pal. Never forget that peach. Last minute too if my mind is correct

22 minutes ago, unkastav said:

Opposite end pal. Never forget that peach. Last minute too if my mind is correct

Yeah I was there, it was definitely at the opposite end to the Wednesday fans. Not sure if it was last minute but it was definitely late on. Scenes, after their player had opened the scoring earlier at our end and goaded the Wednesday fans.

I'm a big fan of the Gerald Sibon never mind the fancy stuff just leather it straight into the top corner method.

Did it against WBA but he must have been satisfied that he'd mastered the technique because he didn't bother doing it again after that.