What was the first ever Sheffield Wednesday shirt that you bought/had?

My first was 1959 long sleeved vulcanised rubber cuff buttons. Collar either blue or white (Memory) blue and white stripes with four vulcanised rubber buttons at the neck.  5/-  11d  from Bunnys. 

• Like 1

1977 - Suggs Sports in town - Classic Umbro blue n white stripes. 

Waited ages to get a big red No 7 on the back Roger Wylde style. I don't think I talked on the way home on the bus I was so excited to get out in it to the park.

image.png.daa41782a9861651a691e22bc297833c.png

• Love 1
21 hours ago, Elvin Parsnip said:

This one - 87/88 I think

574872B8-862D-4B4E-9DDA-D85A574342B0.png

This  - I had it at Christmas when I was 9, I was quite a big kid and it was probably small or medium adult sized, as I got older I had rather a shapely girlfriend who took great delight in parading around in it and very little else!!!!!!!!! 

On 05/10/2020 at 13:15, brian joicey said:

xmas 1970, the blue one with white sleeves that the 150th anniversary kit was based on

Same for me...I loved it and the sleeves really stretched long when they got wet

Never ever had one and it was the reason during the whole of the 70’s and 80’s me and my mrs were never turned away from a boozer every other week at away games! I have never seen Star Wars either.

On 05/10/2020 at 06:11, Joe Jockstrap said:

This topic haunts me to this day. My Mum bought me a “Wednesday” shirt around 1980ish. It was yellow, however a lad at school told me it was a Leeds away shirt.

When I got home I picked off the sewn on Owls badge, to reveal what was left of a Leeds emblem. 

Apparently Suggs had sold out of Weds shirts so she compromised. As you can imagine I have disowned her and put her in a home.

Sort of like that 2020-21 Blades away kit...  copycats...   Our green kit last season was way better than the Blades 3rd kit this season

though... 

Edited by Whitecap Owl
add on

Never had a Wednesday shirt growing up, never really wanted one as an adult, but succumbed with home strip for 1991 League Cup final.  I thought it was a lucky charm, next time out was away at Oldham for last game of season - not so lucky after all!  After that the shirt was left at the bottom of a drawer until 2016 Play-Off Final.  I was just leaving the house in a carefully selected (blue and white) Fat Face shirt when my mates persuaded me to change.  After 5 minutes searching I found the ‘91 shirt, put it on and left for Wembley.  I carry some guilt with me to this day that if I had stayed with Fat Face we would have reached the Premier League!

The one I'm wearing in my owlstalk photo! Xmas present in 1966. Wore it to training at school and even when I went for an "associated schoolboy" trial with Derby County. 

35 minutes ago, 31Dec1966 said:

The one I'm wearing in my owlstalk photo! Xmas present in 1966. Wore it to training at school and even when I went for an "associated schoolboy" trial with Derby County. 

Haircut from 1966 as well ?

:biggrin:

Got the 1973 kit at Suggs - same year we went to the "Good Logo"...  Got the shorts and socks too!

Bought the yellow kit (not sure what year it was for) at the store when I was back last time in 2004

Ordered the Yellow Gold 150th kit when it went on sale 1/2 price

Decided to get get the b/w stripe kit last season...  

Will say that the sizing guide on the online store is pretty much useless.... I was lucky that these 2 shirts fit!!   I am used to buying my clothes in the USA where a large can actually double as a tent... 

Edited by Whitecap Owl
wrong year