Transfer Deadline Days

Guest wilyfox
1 hour ago, tomhollywood said:

That's the bit I don't get though and it seems to have become some form of entertainment.

A transfer is just practicalities of players moving clubs which happens thousands of time each season.

What other business only trade in specific windows of time? It rams the price up for starters because clubs think are stuffed for 6 months if they don't get someone in before the deadline.

I feel a time must come when you draw a line under all that and work with what you’ve got. The clamour for new signings would never end otherwise. The modern game would completely lose the plot with players being poached when they show form. At least clubs have some continuity for a season or window-to-window. 

2 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

I feel a time must come when you draw a line under all that and work with what you’ve got. The clamour for new signings would never end otherwise. The modern game would completely lose the plot with players being poached when they show form. At least clubs have some continuity for a season or window-to-window. 

Yeah I can see it from that side but I also think that it would work well if you wanted rid of players, you wouldn't have to wait as long.

It doesn't work currently as there is always this element of desperation on the last day which i'm sure sees some rash decisions being made at clubs.

Guest wilyfox
9 minutes ago, tomhollywood said:

Yeah I can see it from that side but I also think that it would work well if you wanted rid of players, you wouldn't have to wait as long.

It doesn't work currently as there is always this element of desperation on the last day which i'm sure sees some rash decisions being made at clubs.

Not convinced by that argument. Players you want rid of are usually in poor form, over-priced, or no-one wants them anyway. Windows have no bearing on our inability to bin off Rhodes & Westwood.

1 minute ago, wilyfox said:

Not convinced by that argument. Players you want rid of are usually in poor form, over-priced, or no-one wants them anyway. Windows have no bearing on our inability to bin off Rhodes & Westwood.

But the very nature of a window, you're limiting movement to a certain number of days in the year.

What about in the middle of the Jan for example, a club finds themselves in an injury crisis and months away the end of the season before the next window. Circumstance forces them into the market rather than suffer for months on end.

The window encourages clubs to stockpile players and automatically favours those with cash.  

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, tomhollywood said:

But the very nature of a window, you're limiting movement to a certain number of days in the year.

What about in the middle of the Jan for example, a club finds themselves in an injury crisis and months away the end of the season before the next window. Circumstance forces them into the market rather than suffer for months on end.

The window encourages clubs to stockpile players and automatically favours those with cash.  

limiting movement for the very reason things would get out of hand if they didn’t. The windows are fine. Clubs need to use them better. Man Utd’s failed pursuit of Sancho all summer is a prime example of how not to use them.