Transfer Deadline Days

Guest wilyfox
2 minutes ago, tomhollywood said:

They should remove transfer windows in my opinion. 

Far more negatives with them and very little positives.

I disagree. Can be an exciting conclusion. Plus, the Sancho saga would rumble on without a deadline. They’d never shut up about it.

We don't need anyone

We have players premier league teams Envy 

Joey future Netherlands captain 

A strikeforce that puts Liverpools to shame 

And a manager who makes peps achievements look amateur 

The futures bright and blue with white 

• Haha 1

We still need at least 3 or 4 players and we still haven't fully utilised our loanee quota. Expect we'll finish our business nearer to the closure of the domestic window. Just hope we can still bring in decent players within P&S limits and that they either suit how we play or we play to our squads actual strengths. 

1 hour ago, wilyfox said:

I disagree. Can be an exciting conclusion. Plus, the Sancho saga would rumble on without a deadline. They’d never shut up about it.

That's the bit I don't get though and it seems to have become some form of entertainment.

A transfer is just practicalities of players moving clubs which happens thousands of time each season.

What other business only trade in specific windows of time? It rams the price up for starters because clubs think are stuffed for 6 months if they don't get someone in before the deadline.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tomhollywood said:

That's the bit I don't get though and it seems to have become some form of entertainment.

A transfer is just practicalities of players moving clubs which happens thousands of time each season.

What other business only trade in specific windows of time? It rams the price up for starters because clubs think are stuffed for 6 months if they don't get someone in before the deadline.

It's all about TV and publicity. Owners and agents love a deadline day deal. Just like stupid kick off times, it's TV and business.

Football doesn't care about it's fans, it just cares about money, it showed that back when the greedy top clubs threatened to break away and brought about the rebranding of the old top flight and European competitions, merely for extra TV money. The top clubs became brands and they have little interest in preserving history, tradition or the roots of the game. 

Fans and smaller clubs have been paying the price and been neglected ever since Sky and others got involved. And football especially at the top level as become more and more out of touch; ridiculous, greedy and selfish, year-on-year. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

It's all about TV and publicity. Owners and agents love a deadline day deal. Just like stupid kick off times, it's TV and business.

Football doesn't care about it's fans, it just cares about money, it showed that back when the greedy top clubs threatened to break away and brought about the rebranding of the old top flight and European competitions, merely for extra TV money. The top clubs became brands and they have little interest in preserving history, tradition or the roots of the game. 

Fans and smaller clubs have been paying the price and been neglected ever since Sky and others got involved. And football especially at the top level as become more and more out of touch; ridiculous, greedy and selfish, year-on-year. 

Spot on Night Owl.

The hilarious thing is that they try and police the money with this FFP nonsense. We aren't allowed to spend what we want and have to work within guidelines even though our chairman has money, yet Bournemouth can come down with parachute payments and a few player sales and have a war chest of over £100m.

On the money topic - i'll be really interested to see what happens off the back of covid if the fans are stopped from coming in the ground for months on end with very little matchday income. Will they just bin of FFP this season and allow owners to pump cash into their clubs?

• Like 1