alex hunt

He didn’t deserve a start over Pelupessy or Dele-Bashiru. 

I don’t think he was atrocious just offered very little on and off the ball.

He’s just come back from an injury, wrong call to stick him infront of 2 players who have been waiting their go. 

It's interesting to look back through this thread at some of the praise (hyperbole) being heaped on him before last night. I've said before that I don't think he'll make it at this level. He'll never improve unless he gets games but last night, when given a game, he proved to be a liability. I'm not sure how we can solve that conundrum.

It would be great if he went on loan but if Bannan, Brown or Luongo are injured, our only standbys are Joey, Hunt, dele-Bashiru and Shaw. Who else can we play if we let the youngsters go on loan?

1 hour ago, davetherivelinowl said:

It's interesting to look back through this thread at some of the praise (hyperbole) being heaped on him before last night. I've said before that I don't think he'll make it at this level. He'll never improve unless he gets games but last night, when given a game, he proved to be a liability. I'm not sure how we can solve that conundrum.

It would be great if he went on loan but if Bannan, Brown or Luongo are injured, our only standbys are Joey, Hunt, dele-Bashiru and Shaw. Who else can we play if we let the youngsters go on loan?

A liability ? Really , bit of an over reaction Isn’t it 

• Like 1

From what I've seen of both this season I was shocked Hunt started over Dele-Bashiru. Hunt did ok but think Dele-Bashiru has a lot more energy and strength to win the ball and push the team forward, not sure if Monk thought that Hunt was more responsible in the position or something but for me it was an odd choice.

He is not a defensive midfielder and shouldn’t have been asked to play there, especially in a midfield two with Bannan. When I saw the line up I assumed Bannan was playing the deep role with Hunt and Windass ahead of him. 

Bannan and Hunt played together against QPR at the end of last season and did ok in a three.

3 hours ago, TheEnchanter said:

Hunt was the one that played Toney onside for the goal. Poor defensive awareness. Albeit I don't want to be too harsh on him. Tough ask to be in a lightweight midfield of just him and Bannan. 

I'm more concerned how Dalsgaard is allowed to shoot from 20 yards out completely unmarked.

Also, with Flint, Paterson, Van Aken in our team... How it is Odubajo defending set piece against Toney who is likely to beat him in the air 9 times out of 10 ?!

Guess that 20 years old Hunt with little first team experience makes an easy target.

To be honest I don't think Hunt or Dele are ready to start games yet, but we have so few options in central midfield, they will probably do so quite frequently.

Luongo has been our best player recently, but seems to have contracted biscuit-legs so can't be relied to play week in week out.