alex hunt

I have to question if he’s not ready yet then will he ever be?  In our current position I don’t think we can afford to give him the games he needs, so those  suggesting a loan spell in League 1 might be right.  My fear would be that he couldn’t hold down a starting spot at a lower level given his lack of physicality.  

His skill set seems more suited to the Championship in a team that passes the ball more than we tend to.  Maybe Brentford might take him as a favour and develop him for us!

1 minute ago, Steve Down South said:

I have to question if he’s not ready yet then will he ever be?  In our current position I don’t think we can afford to give him the games he needs, so those  suggesting a loan spell in League 1 might be right.  My fear would be that he couldn’t hold down a starting spot at a lower level given his lack of physicality.  

His skill set seems more suited to the Championship in a team that passes the ball more than we tend to.  Maybe Brentford might take him as a favour and develop him for us!

I don’t think he’s not ready yet, it was just the wrong selection. With Brown and Luongo missing, whatever midfield we were to field would have been severely weakened. However, the best balance would have been to select FDB and Joey as replacements Were it Bannan who was injured, then fair enough, Hunt would be the correct call. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

I don’t think he’s not ready yet, it was just the wrong selection. With Brown and Luongo missing, whatever midfield we were to field would have been severely weakened. However, the best balance would have been to select FDB and Joey as replacements Were it Bannan who was injured, then fair enough, Hunt would be the correct call. 

Agree it was a bold / poor (delete as applicable) decision to go with both Bannan and Hunt.  What’s starting to worry me a little is that one of our star academy products just doesn’t look ready at all.  Believe me I love to see us bringing our own players through, so hope I’m totally wide of the mark on this one.

4 minutes ago, 360wiseowl said:

It’s not that they aren’t ready , it’s how they’re being managed. 
Who would put both Bannan and Hunt together in the middle- common sense says no. Not even a footballing brain says no but Mr Monk chose to .Hunt was 19th man Saturday, how can he then be starting?

Penney- not involved, not consistent? Jheez, how many of these tonight are consistent in their performances?

Academy graduates need to move on to get the respect they deserve

Interesting comment, do you think the likes of Penney and Hunt would develop better at this stage in their careers at a different club?  For me, Academy graduates need to earn respect, which so far they haven’t managed to do.

What they do deserve is a chance to develop if they have the aptitude and application.  Maybe we are selling them short In that respect, but can’t see anything changing whilst we are fighting for our lives this season.

I like the lad and I think he’s got a chance of making it here but it was a totally bizarre team selection by our managerial god.

The lads been out of action for 2 or 3 weeks then gets a start out of the blue as Luongo’s replacement when he isn’t a defensive midfielder against one of the best teams in the league. It was always going to end badly and it was inevitable he would get hooked at H-T.

Thing is our MG makes these bizarre calls regularly either with the starting eleven or his mystifying substitutions and as for his continued support of Dawson when he drops b*ll**k after b*ll**k it really is taking the pi$$?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, hugeowl said:

Not read the whole thread but there were posters on here saying we should get rid of Bannan (to Brentford as well ) 

and replace with Hunt . 

Big ask on the lad tonight in basically a 4 2 4 first half 

Not the best idea from the gaffer to be honest. Playing a longball 4-2-4 with a pair of hobbits in cm. 

I know we're struggling for numbers due to injuries (Again), but for me hunt and bazza are better protected in a 3. We asked too much of a young, little midfielder /playmaker, playing alongside a little playmaker defensively. 

Hunt looked poor just like Bannan did, not because they did anything wrong but due to getting bypassed by players around them who kept knocking long balls over their heads. 

While we tried to play passing football we looked good and created problems for Brentford.