alex hunt

22 hours ago, Owls-Fan said:

I feel another manager would be getting Hunt into the starting eleven somehow.

Got to play our most creative players if we want to score goals and win matches 

Paterson 

Windass  Brown   Hunt

Bannan  Luongo 

Penney  Iorfa  Lees   Palmer 

Dawson 

Wow Bannan as a defensive midfielder that's worked so well every single time we have tried it.

Guest Kagoshimaowl
4 hours ago, Andrew_Owl said:

Yep, some of his passes are definitely pathetic. 

Did you not see the ball to Reach for our goal on Saturday. 99% of players in the Championship do not have that ability. Bannan is absolute quality if you can get him on the ball in those positions. 

On 05/10/2020 at 00:03, Owls-Fan said:

I feel another manager would be getting Hunt into the starting eleven somehow.

Got to play our most creative players if we want to score goals and win matches 

Paterson 

Windass  Brown   Hunt

Bannan  Luongo 

Penney  Iorfa  Lees   Palmer 

Dawson 

Hopefully the international break will see our players back to fitness and free from injury, otherwise the 1st XI looks worrying at the moment. (Assuming Hunt is injured).

Besides, Monk insists on playing Calamity Joe instead of Penney... yes, he does have a bit of pace and power going forward but I am not convinced about him in defense... too much holding of shirts and losing his man. Didn't manage to hang on for that QPR corner that gave them a free header on goal too.

9 hours ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Did you not see the ball to Reach for our goal on Saturday. 99% of players in the Championship do not have that ability. Bannan is absolute quality if you can get him on the ball in those positions. 

And the ball to Windass that he took a bit long to shoot... essentially free on goal if he'd shot that on a half volley.

On 05/10/2020 at 20:22, Arootatat said:

He will be better than bannan. He can tackle for one and always looking for a forward pass and then supporting. Doesn't have to be back with the center backs looking for the ball. So much more movement when he plays 

He won't get anywhere near the level of Bannan, will  be lucky to get another contract.  Hope he proves me wrong though.

32 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

He won't get anywhere near the level of Bannan, will  be lucky to get another contract.  Hope he proves me wrong though.

I don't know, he has got something about him, just looks a bit of a kid and needs to get on the weights. It is physical in this division and you need that physical presence to look after yourself.

It could go either way for him. Hopefully he will become a star but I don't think it's a forgone conclusion like many do.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, prowl said:

I don't know, he has got something about him, just looks a bit of a kid and needs to get on the weights. It is physical in this division and you need that physical presence to look after yourself.

It could go either way for him. Hopefully he will become a star but I don't think it's a forgone conclusion like many do.

No I'm not convinced by him at the moment, I do like that he works hard and doesn't hide but I've yet to see him strongly influence any game. I get the feeling that sometimes he's trying too hard. 

He should concentrate on keeping it simple making sure that his passes get where they are intend to go.  Saying that he won't get another contract was probably a bit strong, look forward to him stamping his authority on games.

23 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

No I'm not convinced by him at the moment, I do like that he works hard and doesn't hide but I've yet to see him strongly influence any game. I get the feeling that sometimes he's trying too hard. 

He should concentrate on keeping it simple making sure that his passes get where they are intend to go.  Saying that he won't get another contract was probably a bit strong, look forward to him stamping his authority on games.

From where I'm sitting that hasn't been an issue for him at all, he's a very good passer of the ball.

Hard to judge on tonight’s display. I don’t think many of our midfielders look good in a two with Bannan. I don’t think you can play Bannan & Hunt as a two or even two of three though. We’re just too lightweight if we do.