Are Wednesday unlucky?

3 hours ago, Siggi's Jonnson said:

Do Wednesday get more bad luck than most other teams? With all the injuries yesterday in the same positions, seems only to happen to us. There are lots of other things in the past that seem to only to happen to Wednesday but not other teams. Does it even out like some people think? I am not talking about bad management either. 

You make your own luck which we have not done for a while. 

• Like 1

I think most teams fans think that they are unlucky, and, it is partially true that the harder you work the luckier you get, but, only partially. I think the things mentioned earlier are all valid examples. The Kay, Swan, Layne scandal was an injustice. Being jailed and banned for life for that was certainly over the top.

The 1989 disaster could have happened anywhere (certainly at our semi final at Villa Park in 86). 

I'm pretty sure we have been awarded far fewer penalties than almosy any club in the time I've been going.

My answer to the question is YES.

• Like 1

Every team thinks they are unlucky, and every team tends to think there is some sort of media conspiracy or bias against them. That's because fans tend to remember every piece of bad luck and injustice and store it up, and forget the times we have been lucky.

For example, every time we get that Aussie ref I remember he's the one who sent off Luongo. Or yesterday, we get 3 injuries and think it doesn't happen to any other team.

But - for example - against Brighton in the playoff semis in 2016, they got four injuries at Hillsboro and had to finish the game with 10 men. But we don't remember that as a contributing factor. Then to top it off in the return leg, we again got lucky (free kick striking inside of our post and right across face of goal, Wallace scoring from a cross due to Hooper fouling Dunk). But we rarely look back and think, "Gosh, we were so lucky to reach that playoff final". Instead its remembered as a masterful Wednesday performance.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Emerson Thome said:

Every team thinks they are unlucky, and every team tends to think there is some sort of media conspiracy or bias against them. That's because fans tend to remember every piece of bad luck and injustice and store it up, and forget the times we have been lucky.

For example, every time we get that Aussie ref I remember he's the one who sent off Luongo. Or yesterday, we get 3 injuries and think it doesn't happen to any other team.

But - for example - against Brighton in the playoff semis in 2016, they got four injuries at Hillsboro and had to finish the game with 10 men. But we don't remember that as a contributing factor. Then to top it off in the return leg, we again got lucky (free kick striking inside of our post and right across face of goal, Wallace scoring from a cross due to Hooper fouling Dunk). But we rarely look back and think, "Gosh, we were so lucky to reach that playoff final". Instead its remembered as a masterful Wednesday performance.

Great example. We got so much luck over the two legs, we got absolutely bashed at the Amex, will never understand how we managed a 1-1 draw in that game. Beautiful memories.

23 minutes ago, LoanRanger said:

Great example. We got so much luck over the two legs, we got absolutely bashed at the Amex, will never understand how we managed a 1-1 draw in that game. Beautiful memories.

Most one sided match I've ever seen. It was horrific to watch.

If we don't have much luck, it's because we used 50 years worth in that match alone.

• Like 2