GARRY MONK THREAD - All posts about the manager in here please

Just now, cowl said:

Why? Does your every reply to a conversation on here have to somehow resemble every other reply you've ever made?

I'll be honest - I'm not sure what you're trying to say here.

All I'm saying is that our conversation started as a response to your suggestion that Monk isn't behind our team, but your reply to Neil seemed to suggest you don't really believe that and were  simply saying it as a rhetorical device.

I was just checking whether you really believe our manager isn't behind our team.

1 minute ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I don't know what you're getting so uptight about.

I've told you how I saw the game and why I don't think anything in yesterday's game suggests that Monk isn't behind his team.

There's nothing disingenuous about it; you just appear not to like what I'm saying.

No, I merely disagree with what you're saying, and as I say, I expect and assume there are going to be disagreements on here all the time—it's what, at its best, makes the site stimulating.

Still, it assumes that posters are actually saying what they really think. The accusation that your being disingenuous then, is something I've added as an extra on top of just merely disagreeing with you.

4 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Last season we would have needed 49 points and a good goal difference. Most agree 50 points is the total needed so that is the minimum we should be going for. Peterborough were actually relegated with 54 points several years back.

There will always be seasons where the points needed are higher than average; after all, that's how averages work.

The average points needed for safety since the Championship started is 46. In the past six seasons, it's 45.

2 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I'll be honest - I'm not sure what you're trying to say here.

All I'm saying is that our conversation started as a response to your suggestion that Monk isn't behind our team, but your reply to Neil seemed to suggest you don't really believe that and were  simply saying it as a rhetorical device.

I was just checking whether you really believe our manager isn't behind our team.

Based on the thinking that if I was being rhetorical in one conversation with someone else, I must be with you? Why even bring that up?

4 minutes ago, cowl said:

No, I merely disagree with what you're saying, and as I say, I expect and assume there are going to be disagreements on here all the time—it's what, at its best, makes the site stimulating.

Still, it assumes that posters are actually saying what they really think. The accusation that your being disingenuous then, is something I've added as an extra on top of just merely disagreeing with you.

Yes, and the accusation kills off any conversation right there, doesn't it?

Which is a shame, as I was interested in your stance that Monk isn't behind his team.

5 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Yes, and the accusation kills off any conversation right there, doesn't it?

Which is a shame, as I was interested in your stance that Monk isn't behind his team.

So why be disingenuous then? It's very suspect that your take on how yesterday's game went just so perfectly accords with what would be a good reason of Monk's tactical change.

1 hour ago, Therealrealist said:

I’d rather have an unhappy winning squad than a happy losing squad..everybody slags cc off for the ‘holiday camp’ goings on but all of a sudden havin a happy squad is the best thing since canned beer

Carlos' holiday camp (that achieved NOTHING) is the very reason we are in the situation we're currently in this season

• Haha 4

Owlstalk Shop

Over the past year i have seen so many stats stating how bad we are,  from shots on target, to goals conceded,  even pass accuracy etc. 

My question is if these stats are accurate why does monk not see this and try to change it? 

I'm not a monk in our out guy , or even a shake it all about guy. 

But surely management have access to the same stats we have? 

So why not change things? 

Am I missing something? 

Edited by kilnhurstowl
Spelling
  • Like 1

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Carlos' holiday camp (that achieved NOTHING) is the very reason we are in the situation we're currently in this season

I'd hardly blame a manager who left nearly 3 years ago, for Monk being a S**t manager!

• Like 4

Just now, @owlstalk said:

That's like saying you'd not blame Sutcliffe for the mutilated corpses left behind on the streets that needed sorting out and laying to rest

Rather have a mutilated corpse in charge than lifeless Monk!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

That's like saying you'd not blame Sutcliffe for the mutilated corpses left behind on the streets that needed sorting out and laying to rest

You'd surely have to ask why Monk keeps picking mutilated corpses though (even if he played no role in their mutilation).

Edited by cowl

2 hours ago, Emilianenko said:

Our current points per game average would see us end the season on 45 points (following the deduction), which is just below the average points required to stay up in the Championship (46).

This doesn't even fctor in the inevitable Garry Monk second half of season collapse.

I'd say we are up a certain creek without a paddle.

We have played 4 games !!!  FFS ime sure the other side of the City would be quite happy with our start,its way too early to make such predictions..Performances have improved,just need results to do the same..

1 minute ago, parajack said:

We have played 4 games !!!  FFS ime sure the other side of the City would be quite happy with our start,its way too early to make such predictions..Performances have improved,just need results to do the same..

It's not 4 games though is it.

Its the same crap as the previous 48!

And I don't agree that performances have improved.

• Like 4