Jump to content

GARRY MONK THREAD - All posts about the manager in here please


Recommended Posts

26 minutes ago, Django said:

Tbh 

 

If DC isn’t sounding out Nigel Pearson he’s making a big mistake 

The same Nigel Pearson that has repeatedly said he has no interest in managing in Sheffield?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, brian joicey said:

He was nackered ! His league debut in strength sapping conditions 🤦🏼‍♂️

He looked gutted to get brought off.

Not sure what league debut has to do with anything, it's not like he's not used to running around a football pitch for 90 minutes.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Django said:

Oct- Nov is make or break for Monk

 

Of we don’t see am improvement then his days are numbered imo 

 

I’d give him a points target to reach by the next international break and tell him to pack his bags after the final whistle against Millwall if he hasn’t reached it — gives us a bit of time during the break to hopefully get a proper manager in and have some time with the players before the games start coming thick and fast. DC really can’t afford to fúck about this season, time to be ruthless if the results aren’t good enough

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Emilianenko said:

He looked gutted to get brought off.

Not sure what league debut has to do with anything, it's not like he's not used to running around a football pitch for 90 minutes.

Running around for 90 mins in U23 games is a whole lot different to the pace of a league game (and this was the first one he’s played! ) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, brian joicey said:

Running around for 90 mins in U23 games is a whole lot different to the pace of a league game (and this was the first one he’s played! ) 

Poor substitution, lad was gutted when he was brought off.

He managed 90 minutes against Fulham.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, parajack said:

It wasnt the manager who caused the -12 & look at the effect that Strubers imminent departure is having on Barnsleys form...these things happen,move on from last season.judge him after 10,or 12 matches this season...thats fair

 

12 matches might be too late? Regardless of the whys and wherefores of today, we’ve conceded yet another late goal. Something we’ve done continually for the best part of a year and one of the reasons is this squad of players can’t execute the safety first tactics our manager insists on. 16 goals scored in 22 championship home games under Monk is an embarrassing record whichever way you dress it up. Anywhere else he would’ve been sacked by now?

Edited by Jim
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Garry Monk learnt his trade and took his coaching badges at Swansea during a time they played their way out of the Championship playing beautiful, passing, possession-based football. As their manager he got them into the top half of the PL.

 

They were known as “Swansalona”. 

 

Flash forward just a few years and how has he ended up coaching a team to be scared of the ball and hump it forward as soon as it comes their way. Of never taking a short goal kick in 40+ games?

 

Bizarre. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, beswetherick said:

 

I’d give him a points target to reach by the next international break and tell him to pack his bags after the final whistle against Millwall if he hasn’t reached it — gives us a bit of time during the break to hopefully get a proper manager in and have some time with the players before the games start coming thick and fast. DC really can’t afford to fúck about this season, time to be ruthless if the results aren’t good enough

Mick McCarthy is still my choice in our situation

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The squad is there, the manager isn't.

Time to bring in someone who know's what they are doing, someone with a proven track record,  someone who is a motivator and a winner.

That man is Nigel Pearson.

  • Like 5
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Django said:

Mick McCarthy is still my choice in our situation

Wouldn't be against it.

The no nonsense managers have always done well at Hillsborough.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Blue and white said:

The squad is there, the manager isn't.

Time to bring in someone who know's what they are doing, someone with a proven track record,  someone who is a motivator and a winner.

That man is Nigel Pearson.

Someone who has said time and time again that its the last job he'd want

 

Interested in why you want rid of the manager who has built the squad you have said is there?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Django said:

Mick McCarthy is still my choice in our situation

Mick McCarthy or Nigel Pearson would get this team up the league in their sleep.

They squad is pretty decent, the people managing it aren't fit for purpose.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Am I right in thinking it’s Rotherham, Wycombe and Luton next? 
 

Got to get 9 points out of that. 

Birmingham and Brentford before that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ian said:

Someone who has said time and time again that its the last job he'd want

 

Interested in why you want rid of the manager who has built the squad you have said is there?

Its It's ok building a squad, it's another getting it to play. 

Turner built a decent squad but couldn't get a tune out of it, same with Carlos.

Pearson also said "never say never".

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Am I right in thinking it’s Rotherham, Wycombe and Luton next? 
 

Got to get 9 points out of that. 

 

9pts is a must ,but we wont get them. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ian said:

Someone who has said time and time again that its the last job he'd want

 

Interested in why you want rid of the manager who has built the squad you have said is there?


It is not given that a manager that can gather a quality squad can get the best results out of a team with them.

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Ian said:

Someone who has said time and time again that its the last job he'd want

 

Interested in why you want rid of the manager who has built the squad you have said is there?

 

Because he is useless 

 

5 wins in last 26 league games. 

 

Enough said

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...