Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Gutted to concede so late again. Infuriating.

 

On a general point when did it become the norm to have 5+ mins of injury time? Back in the day when got done at Old Trafford in the 97th the amount of time played was eye opening. Now, it seems games going to 95-100 mins if not more is just the standard.

 

No excuses for conceding so late, but had we played 90-93 mins yesterday and for a few games last season we’d be in a healthier position now.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, 109Waddle said:

Gutted to concede so late again. Infuriating.

 

On a general point when did it become the norm to have 5+ mins of injury time? Back in the day when got done at Old Trafford in the 97th the amount of time played was eye opening. Now, it seems games going to 95-100 mins if not more is just the standard.

 

No excuses for conceding so late, but had we played 90-93 mins yesterday and for a few games last season we’d be in a healthier position now.

It's normal now for these excessive after 90 periods, play to the whistle, should we not have learnt our lesson by now given the amount of times we've been done in that period. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

We were guilty of some excessive time wasting yesterday. Ref had every right to add a few more mins over the allotted 5. 
 

in the past when teams have done it to us we’ve often grabbed a winner or equaliser. 
 

these things always come and bite yer árse

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Arsenal keeper took the best part of a minute over a couple of injury time goal kicks today, yet still added barely anything on and blew when Arsenal were breaking an empty net.

 

Consistency... 

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, alan48 said:

Ref at Arsenal added 5 + .Like us they had some lengthy injuries .

 

I think it was 4, But the point was that even after stoppages and delays during added time the ref today added on very little and then blew as Arsenal were breaking on an empty net. But against us they seem to add time onto added time and gave QPR time to have one last attack (yet didn't allow us to take a corner at the end of first half added time)

Link to post
Share on other sites

We tend to forget that there is ONE SOLE TIMEKEEPER in the game of Association Football - the REFEREE. These display boards are nothing in the context of the game. Listen carefully to any commentator, and his actual words will be 'The fourth Official has indicated a MINIMUM of X minutes added time may be played. The Referee can add on time wasted during injury time, and as much as he deems fit. He is the sole arbiter of when the game starts or finishes.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Buxtongent said:

We tend to forget that there is ONE SOLE TIMEKEEPER in the game of Association Football - the REFEREE. These display boards are nothing in the context of the game. Listen carefully to any commentator, and his actual words will be 'The fourth Official has indicated a MINIMUM of X minutes added time may be played. The Referee can add on time wasted during injury time, and as much as he deems fit. He is the sole arbiter of when the game starts or finishes.

 

Where did he get a minute and a half extra in the 5 added minutes ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Watto said:

 

Where did he get a minute and a half extra in the 5 added minutes ?

 

Because the 4th Official indicates 5 mins, it doesn't mean the Ref agrees, and he is the only one tht matters.

 

Looks like we're passing the tradition on to the U23s.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...