If we don’t make a hash of the throw in down in the opposite corner about 30 seconds prior (Reach/Windows) none of it would have happened. 

Edited by wiggy
25 minutes ago, Pieman said:

Disagree, he should have put some form of pressure on the forward. Nudge him 2 inches off line and the goal is stopped.

Wasnt his role, and that’s a dangerous game with a jumping player who’s about to score

Nearest defending player/s attacks the man in possession.

Absolute basic.

But we were disarmed and nearly out for the count.

A massive kick in the guts but a good showing.

39 minutes ago, wiggy said:

If we don’t make a hash of the throw in down in the opposite corner about 30 seconds prior (Reach/Windows) none of it would have happened. 

This.....!

Fancy getting done offside as well. If this had gone to Nuhiu it would have been stuck in the corner until the final whistle

3 hours ago, Nero said:

Who is Pelupessy marking then?

His own shadow. Even that would outrun him. 

12 hours ago, Emerson Thome said:

But from where Bannan is, he has no chance of winning the header and would have had to jump in to Bonne to have any chance of nudging him. Bonne would have thrown himself to the floor as soon as there was any contact. Penalty. Van Aken was the one who had the chance to put pressure on him.

Lots of ifs and buts there. I agree he isnt going to win the header, but he should have put his body on his, applying pressure...

Keep playing Dawson in goal and we'll be done by good crosses. Keep playing JVA at CB and we'll concede soft goals.

Keep playing Joey and expecting better and we'll keep losing the midfield initiative. 

Dawson needs to be able to command the six yard box, JVA needs more positional sense and Joey needs to contribute more. full stop. 

Nothing about that goal ought to surprise Owls fans other than to ask why nothing ever seems to improve.

• Like 1
22 hours ago, gizowl said:

At that photo point Sig, who is the nearest to where the cross becomes a head able height. DAWSON 

Clearly not from the picture above.

18 hours ago, Nero said:

You'd be a great manager to play for.

lol

Never mind lads. Don't worry about mistakes, these things happen

Where did I say that, but football is more a game of mistakes, look at Liverpools defence last night. Klopp shook his head and laughed, because you get games like that.

PS I am no lover of Monk, or his tactics.

I don’t get this “if Lees was on the pitch we wouldn’t have conceded” line. 

No one closed down the cross. Lees would make no difference to that. 

Paterson went back to centre half. All he had to do was stand roughly equidistant between JVA and Odubajo and head away anything that comes into the box. That doesn’t take the positional awareness of Fabio Cannavaro to do. 

13 minutes ago, beloved_aunt said:

I don’t get this “if Lees was on the pitch we wouldn’t have conceded” line. 

No one closed down the cross. Lees would make no difference to that. 

Paterson went back to centre half. All he had to do was stand roughly equidistant between JVA and Odubajo and head away anything that comes into the box. That doesn’t take the positional awareness of Fabio Cannavaro to do. 

I think it's more to do with us having another player further up the pitch to close down the cross, as well as having our most experienced centre back available to help organise the backline if the ball still came in.

We'll never know of course, but it might have helped.

After reviewing three highlights and images in here, I am absolutely astounded that anyone is pinning the blame on Dawson

Absolutely astounded.

There are 3 fundamental issues that many have covered but for some reason, some people cannot accept

1) lack of anyone closing down the player- mainly Pelupessy sitting too deep

2) Van Aken losing the flight of the ball, poor positioning in the end,  and

3) great ball, great header.

As a defender,  Van Aken can't lose the flight of the ball, even the faintest of flicks to head it past bonne and we are safe ... lose it and we are punished. Fine margins.

• Like 1