Chins Up

51 minutes ago, SettleForADraw said:

Just think it was one of those days - I’m not sure there’s much more anyone could’ve done personally

You don't think we could have done any more in the first half? Standards must be low.

Today was a great chance to dig away at those minus points. We didn’t play well, first half was shocking but we looked like sneaking a massive win. Unfortunately yet again the weakness running through out this club shows its self.  Our game management is pathetic. On paper we have some winnable games coming up, just as today was, we have to hope we have finally learned our lesson and manage games better. Be nice to sign a bit more quality as well before the window closes. 

46 minutes ago, SettleForADraw said:

4 centre halves injured within 90 minutes? Not sure you can. Just one of those things

4?

1 centre-half went of injured with 5 minutes left.

The manager chose to start with a formation playing 3 CB's when he only had 2CB's in the squad. A defensive midfielder got injured when playing CB in the first half and the manager brought on a full-back but stuck with the same formation. Said full-back then went off at half-time so the manager brought on a wing-back to play at CB.

It is little wonder our performances look disjointed without cohesion. 

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

4?

1 centre-half went of injured with 5 minutes left.

The manager chose to start with a formation playing 3 CB's when he only had 2CB's in the squad. A defensive midfielder got injured when playing CB in the first half and the manager brought on a full-back but stuck with the same formation. Said full-back then went off at half-time so the manager brought on a wing-back to play at CB.

It is little wonder our performances look disjointed without cohesion. 

Iorfa, Shaw, Palmer, Lees

4 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

You don't think we could have done any more in the first half? Standards must be low.

We were poor first half, absolutely. We had to play our way in to the game, we were two of our most influential players short to start with and a centre half goes off after a minute. If you’re expecting us to go all guns blazing I’m afraid you’re going to be disappointed this season. 

4 minutes ago, SettleForADraw said:

Iorfa, Shaw, Palmer, Lees

Iorfa wasn't in the squad, Shaw is a defensive midfielder, Palmer is a full-back. Monk went with a formation that had 3 players at CB when he only had 2 CB's in the squad. 

6 minutes ago, Jamie_W said:

It  does though, we're still waiting for the arrrival of our focal point and this is still a very new team that has played very little competitive football together. I like what I've seen of the recruitment so far though, so if given some time Monk can't get them to settle into something decent then I'll drive him out into the woods myself, otherwise I'm not going to to start posting the kind of reactionary bile we've seen on here tonight, there is the makings of something good here.

Mate - I’ll pay for your petrol!

It’s about opinions I guess but I just don’t share your optimism. Time will tell, but do we have it?

Edited by GMOwl72

It doesn't have to be that Garry Monk is the worst manager ever or completely exonerated, it's six of one half a dozen of the other. 

Extraordinarily unlucky to get all the injuries the OP stated. But to make your last substitution with so long to play having been forced into 2 by injuries, everyone is slipping all over the place. And it was a negative substitution, Dele-Bashiru can defend as well as pessy, but offers something in attack as well. 

Without the bad luck with injuries we get lucky and win that game. With the pointless substitution, then losing Lees we get the draw which is honestly all we deserved.

3 minutes ago, SettleForADraw said:

We were poor first half, absolutely. We had to play our way in to the game, we were two of our most influential players short to start with and a centre half goes off after a minute. If you’re expecting us to go all guns blazing I’m afraid you’re going to be disappointed this season. 

Unfortunately I am surprised if I am not disappointed by what we produce under this manager, as has been the case for the past 30 games.

We started the season 12 points worse off than the rest so yes, I expect us to have an attacking approach against teams like QPR at home. 

Same story under Monk, lack of chances at home and late goals conceded costing us dear. 

1 hour ago, SettleForADraw said:

-Iorfa & Brown injured giving us little time to adapt 

-Shaw Injured in the first minute

-Shaw’s replacement (Palmer) off injured at half time

- Odubajo at centre half (who I thought did very well considering)

-Paterson who’s not played all season getting through the 90

Every player out there has worked their côcks off. Yeah it’s grim that we’ve conceded in injury time again, but let’s stick together - you can’t knock their effort out there today. 

WAWAW

Sorry but my chin is on the floor

When will the monk excusers realise this guys is just a disaster and needs to go

100% effort should be a given

2 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Iorfa wasn't in the squad, Shaw is a defensive midfielder, Palmer is a full-back. Monk went with a formation that had 3 players at CB when he only had 2 CB's in the squad. 

Iorfa pulled up quite clearly close to kick off, Shaw was put in as a centre half which proves my point. Do you seriously expect us to use a formation we’ve not used just before we kick off?