Support the team!

5 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

The usual comment from happy clappers!

Just had a fan on Football heaven saying we should stop moaning and support the team.

What do you think we are doing between 3 and 5?

I honestly find this comment the most divisive and I find it insulting and every Wednesday fan, Monk in or Monk out should!

We all support the team!

They have a point though... don't they?

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

100%

There are folk currently posting on the forum who have sat waiting for us  to not score in the first half, conceded a goal or not win the game so they can post their usual Anti-Monk hate.

Fact.

Possibly... but don’t the facts suggest that this is what we (the team) actually do?  

Could it be that they are just worn down by it all. 

• Like 1

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Dunno -  just saying that's what they're doing

I was stood watching the clock on my score app, praying for the final whistle - this site is a good outlet to vent also - when things go as they did today....  

I’m on here feeling sad basically  - I want these players to do well, I don’t want us to start on -12.... this site has actually saved me from throwing my spaghetti bolognese at the wall. 

A few extremely critical guys aren’t the reason we are what we are. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

100%

There are folk currently posting on the forum who have sat waiting for us  to not score in the first half, conceded a goal or not win the game so they can post their usual Anti-Monk hate.

Fact.

Literally my life.

I have an alarm set on my Big computer, and I sit waiting all day.

Fair play to Monk, he's worn the alarm bell out twice already.

Even Jos only wore it out once.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

some people are just angrymad about everything 

they love nights like this

Not one Wednesday fan will have loved conceding on 96 mins , not one , not only that its the ones that have a rant and are negative that probably feel it the most 

Obviously trolls and Blavdes excepted 

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

The usual comment from happy clappers!

Just had a fan on Football heaven saying we should stop moaning and support the team.

What do you think we are doing between 3 and 5?

I honestly find this comment the most divisive and I find it insulting and every Wednesday fan, Monk in or Monk out should!

We all support the team!

What, in your opinion, does supporting the team mean? 

Because you slate the team for near enough 90 mins each week, which is fair enough if you think that's what supporting the team is. 

If it is, do you think it's productive and helpful? 

• Like 1

Just to confirm the definition of support below. 

So slating of the team is not support. Constantly using it during a game is not support. I personally don't think it is helpful to maintaining good performances, and please show me a team that has ever been successful where fans are slating them for the majority of a game every week.

That is the most divisive in my eyes - I'm not saying don't ever slate the team, but when it's all that some ever say it is annoying and doesn't add anything. 

Screenshot_20201003_184754.jpg

• Love 1

Just now, CalmJimmers said:

So slating of the team is not support. Constantly using it during a game is not support. I personally don't think it is helpful to maintaining good performances, and please show me a team that has ever been successful where fans are slating them for the majority of a game every week.

That is the most divisive in my eyes - I'm not saying don't ever slate the team, but when it's all that some ever say it is annoying and doesn't add anything. 

We aren't even at the ground, so how can we slate them?

They can't use the negative vibe around the stadium as an excuse!

btw, I don't agree with slating the players whilst the team is on the picth!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CalmJimmers said:

If the players are checking their phones to see how much support they’ve been getting on here during the game then they deserve slating. 

• Like 1

Just now, jonnyowl said:

We aren't even at the ground, so how can we slate them?

They can't use the negative vibe around the stadium as an excuse!

btw, I don't agree with slating the players whilst the team is on the picth!

I haven't looked but I'm willing to guess Twitter is interesting right now with our fans 'supporting' the players on their personal Twitter feeds

Owlstalk Shop