Jump to content

Callum Paterson TAKING THROW IN'S???! WTF?!!


Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, Steve Down South said:

Pleased to see use of long throws on occasions, but agree that I want to see Paterson in the box.  Surely there must be others who could work on developing a long throw.  It’s not the most cultured approach but there are times when it’s worth a go.


JVA has a great long throw.

 

Every Sunday league side has a couple of long-throwers. Can’t believe we haven’t.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it shows a lack of ability in the team and a lack of belief by the manager in his own players when the only way or most effective way we have to deliver the ball into the penalty area is to throw the ball in. Embarrassing 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

EjaJ-DYXcAE9nmb.jpg



Why have we signed a brand new striker, armed with a catalogue of goal celebrations, then told him to take the throw in's and aim it at the strikers when he's a striker armed with a catalogue of goal celebrations, but is the one throwing the throw in's to the strikers??

Ask Monk Neil, he's yer buddy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, doubled123456 said:

Ask Monk Neil, he's yer buddy.



Hang  on a minute mate


Just gotta do some repairs

*gets needle*

*grabs the thread from the kitchen drawer*

*starts stitching his sides back up*

  • Haha 1

 


Owlstalk Shop

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, the monk said:

A long throw is almost as good as a corner 

And It is usually the centre backs who get on the end of them 

 

 

Firstly - I'd love to see the stats on goals scored from long throws

Secondly - nobody on this planet including yourself will ever convince me that even if long throws WERE effective,  that our striker should be running over to take them

 

 

In fact I'll go a step further


I will predict here and now that :

 

1) We will score ZERO goals from Paterson's long throws
2) We will abandon him taking them very very quickly

  • Like 1

 


Owlstalk Shop

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

All for him taking the long throws if he's got one.

BUT based on the throws yesterday he barely hit the front post. I was expecting him to launch it right into the middle of the area.

Its a no from me, however our short throws are crap as well so 😞

But having him take throws is like making Crouch take corners.

Edited by agentwalker
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

 

 

Firstly - I'd love to see the stats on goals scored from long throws

Secondly - nobody on this planet including yourself will ever convince me that even if long throws WERE effective,  that our striker should be running over to take them

 

 

In fact I'll go a step further


I will predict here and now that :

 

1) We will score ZERO goals from Paterson's long throws
2) We will abandon him taking them very very quickly

I would imagine they won't be used regularly as the element of surprise has gone 

But if your No 2 prediction comes first then No 1 will soon follow !

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:



Hang  on a minute mate


Just gotta do some repairs

*gets needle*

*grabs the thread from the kitchen drawer*

*starts stitching his sides back up*

Hey Neil, I haven't seen a "well done Gary Monk" for awhile. Oh dear, that didn't last long, as I grab the Omar bottle.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 03/10/2020 at 16:10, @owlstalk said:

EjaJ-DYXcAE9nmb.jpg



Why have we signed a brand new striker, armed with a catalogue of goal celebrations, then told him to take the throw in's and aim it at the strikers when he's a striker armed with a catalogue of goal celebrations, but is the one throwing the throw in's to the strikers??

He's got a pink towel though

lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04/10/2020 at 10:59, @owlstalk said:

 

 

Firstly - I'd love to see the stats on goals scored from long throws

Secondly - nobody on this planet including yourself will ever convince me that even if long throws WERE effective,  that our striker should be running over to take them

 

 

In fact I'll go a step further


I will predict here and now that :

 

1) We will score ZERO goals from Paterson's long throws
2) We will abandon him taking them very very quickly

That would require Monk learning a lesson, can't see that happening.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...