Horrendous half

0-0 by luck rather than design. I know we've had a couple of injuries and Liam Shaw obviously dropping out after 90 seconds, but this is quite worrying. Pass success % of 58%... quite literally struggling to string two passes together. Our left hand side looks very weak defensively as neither JvA nor Reach seem to know what the other is doing positionally. BB equally offering little defensively, already seen a bit of arm waving at others while he stands 5 yards away. Not sure their keeper has had to make a save yet?

All very worrying... 3/10, must improve. They need a rocket at half time. Shout out to Tom Lees and Massimo Luongo... two bright sparks in an otherwise flat and dismal performance to match the weather. 

• Like 3

Not sure if it’s by acceding or design but we seem to be turning games into scraps. But two or three of our players are really not suited to that. What’s the point of Bannan if you’re going to bypass midfield? What’s the point of Reach on wing if Bannans going to ignore him and play turgid crosses from more central position when easy ball out wide is there? 

I know we’ve got Paterson up top now, but when there’s an easy ball to Harris or Reach for Dawson why not play it out from time to time? 

I think it was pretty even 1st half. However the signing of Patterson confirms our transition into a long ball team, Monk plays the percentages and that wont change.

I'm not against long ball necessarily if its successful but that is clearly not currently the case.

What do you expect. It’s been like this for the best part of a year. Players are still dropping like flies despite Monk trying to instil greater fitness into them. I don’t see anything changing or improving anytime soon. 3 first half goals at home in almost 1000 minutes of championship football under Monk. F***ing disgrace. If this had happened under Jos there would’ve been carnage on here.

Edited by Jim
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Not like you to make stuff up Jim

How would you describe Iorfa, Brown and Shaw’s injuries then? No Borner, No Penney. He’s done exactly the same with Rhodes as after lockdown. Starts him for TWO games then benches him while perservering with the busted flush that is Reach. He’s a great f***ing manager 🤬

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

When are the Monk Apologists going to accept he's improved absolutely nothing from last season, and DC has made another monumental error in keeping him on ?

He'd take us down even without the 12 point deduction.

Disgusted to still see the same weaknesses as last season not addressed.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1