Paterson Debut

1 hour ago, cowl said:

He did ‘okay’. I can't say I was overly impressed, and didn't really seem to be any kind of wavelength with Windass, but it was his first game and he looked short of fitness.

I assume (hope) he'll improve.

Agree with this.

There was no sign that the partnership with Windass would work though.

6 minutes ago, Emilianenko said:

Agree with this.

There was no sign that the partnership with Windass would work though.

I thought Windass was less than impressive also though. He's certainly played much better for us.

2 minutes ago, cowl said:

I thought Windass was less than impressive also though. He's certainly played much better for us.

Yes I do like Windass but he was poor today.

Would have played him in Browns role today.

Edited by Emilianenko
Neils took his ball home

3 minutes ago, 83owl said:

FF and fletcher both turned down contract offers. Hutch is now playing in the Cypriot league, KW is years past his best.

I do see your point but it was always Monks intentions to get rid, wage demands may have played a role but we are still spending money and not neccesseraly improving the squad.

33 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Such a bizarre signing, and unbelievably we paid a fee Really hope there is a player hidden in there somewhere, but to pay money for a player on the basis of the attributes mentioned so far, is crazy

I agree to a certain extent. But that is the market we’re currently shopping in. We’re not at all an attractive proposition currently. 

1 hour ago, debram said:

I do see your point but it was always Monks intentions to get rid, wage demands may have played a role but we are still spending money and not neccesseraly improving the squad.

Don’t think he had a choice. We’ve sold the ground and run out of shell companies to invest in the club. We’ve exhausted all revenue streams so it’s unsustainable to keep 30+year old players on multi million pound contracts who have no resale value whatsoever.

• Like 1

We’ve acquired 3 forwards, in Kachunga, Paterson and Windass. 

None of them were first-pick striker at their recent clubs. Each were played more in other positions.

We have one out and out striker, and he’s Monk’s 4th choice. 

Does not bode well.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, 83owl said:

Don’t think he had a choice. We’ve sold the ground and run out of shell companies to invest in the club. We’ve exhausted all revenue streams so it’s unsustainable to keep 30+year old players on multi million pound contracts who have no resale value whatsoever.

Yes, the money thats been wasted on players giving very little return has been beyond comprehension.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Pod9 said:

I like him. 
Working hard, lots of pressing, putting himself about. 
Good long throw too. 

Can he actually throw it that far back to reach our GK, or aren't we supposed to throw the ball back to the Keeper every time?