Paterson Debut

Worked hard and won a few great headers , tough game today for him , no Izzy meant a lack of attacking mid like , I think in future we should put windass at attacking mid when Izzy can’t play , then potentially zohore n Patterson or kachunga ? 

but a solid enough debut from Paterson. 

Guest REDAs_biG_piECE

Poundland signing delivered Poundland performance

embarrassing in his first game he had the towel out to take throw ins

51 minutes ago, BIG D said:

I’d much rather have a throw in taken short, try and work a crossing position (which shouldn’t be too much to ask) and hopefully pick out the big bloke who we’ve just signed. 
Having your new big forward taking long throws is Sunday league. Embarrasing 

Have you seen how crap we are at corners. QPR had 3/4/5 players showing for the ball everytime, we have 1. It's been like that for ages.

5 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

EjaJ-DYXcAE9nmb.jpg

What do you think of Paterson so far?

Good throw-ins! :ph34r:

Pretty pointless in terms of what he had to aim for though. Signed as a forward who wants to get in and around the box and rough up the opposition. Needs to be on the end of throw-ins, not taking them. 

Guest Jack the Hat

I thought he played well but he isn’t a striker. Neither is Kachunga. Windass can play up front but is better as a number 10. Until we sign better we have to start with Rhodes and Windass with Paterson behind. Although it’s pretty pointless anyway because we will ultimately get undone by stupid substitutions.

Guest Therealrealist

Another hard worker...not much finesse or flair..but has long as he puts a shift in..a lot of our fans will love him..we don’t want no more waddles..carbones..di canids..JJs..sibons..ffs..just good owd grafters...what’s Andy booth up too these days?

Looked decent in a very poor side first half. Agree not really appropriate to judge yet on that basis.

Happy with the signing overall - workrate and versatility are two things we always end up bemoaning a lack of, so he’s bound to be handy.

Sad that we’re in a position of needing to rely on utility players, but denial isn’t going to help us. Hope he plays lots and does well, looks likely to be a decent option once he sharpens up.

Edited by Mr. Tom

I think a few on here are under-estimating him. Tough gig, as he's effectively replacing Fletcher who was, on his day, one of the best forwards in the division. But Fletcher is 33 now and Paterson at 8 years younger and on less wages has to be the better long-term investment.

I thought he imposed himself on the game in a way many of our other forwards recently not called Fletcher failed to. Looked to move the ball quickly out to the wings, won plenty of flick-ons and looked lively in the box. I think he's going to be a hit - and hopefully he will get himself on the end of a lot more chances than Rhodes, who plays like he has lead in his boots. He would have scored if Barbet hadn't put it in for him and had another shot in the first half that was blocked.

Those long throws will be better when he has Iorfa to aim at.