Dom iorfa

11 hours ago, A12owl said:

Amazing comments on our defence. 

One week Borner is world class and Iorfa is rubbish. Lees is useless without Loovens,why is Van Aken even in the squad? 

Next week Borner hopeless, Iorfa best defender in championship, Lees still rubbish, Van Aken did OK. 

Next week Lees holding defence together, Iorfa was never any good, whose Borner. Van Aken like a new man well worth his fee. 

Next week Lees is a woose for going off injured with 5 minutes to play, Iorfa better get some money if somebody is daft enough to pay it, Borner he's had a spat with monk, Van Aken doing OK and will be our only CB left standing. 

Every CB has gone from wonderful to woeful.

It could only happen at swfc. 

All our centre backs are just average championship defenders. Iorfa stands out due to his athleticism, fans want to see and remember somebody chasing down or making a last ditch tackle. It doesn’t matter if the player was out of position in the first place.

31 minutes ago, timrud said:

It is clear Monk doesn't rate Palmer at all. As soon as he came off injured we started playing much better too. On reflection Monk will be thinking he should've brought Moses on when Shaw came off.

Is that the same Moses who climbed all over their man in the six yard box after he lost him?

21 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

I did message the Boss the other day that the site was sluggish, had no response.   

I was worried about my pet snail looking weak, so I took his shell off.

If anything it just made him more sluggish.

• Haha 1

Guest Bulgaria
1 hour ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

I am starting to think we will get relegated with or without Iorfa, and that we would be better off selling him at 10m rather than a couple he would fetch as a league one player

We would get no where near 10 mill matey.

3 max would be my guess.

Guest Bulgaria
2 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Is that the same Moses who climbed all over their man in the six yard box after he lost him?

Did he have a step ladder?

12 hours ago, legendaryswan said:

Theres not a chance Iorfa will fetch 10M,if we get 5M weve had someones pants down,take his pace away and hes a bang average defender,his positioning and awareness need serious work,which is why wolves virtually gifted him to us,they obviously tried coaching out his deficiencies and failed,couple him up with Borner who defends with tunnel vision and we bocome heavily reliant on Tom lees to hold the backline together,lets hope Dunkley gets fit VERY soon and hits the ground running

Bloody hell. 

3 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

There is a God after all lol 

I watched Kevin Bridges this morning. 2018 tour.

Great line after listing all the woes of the World “ If you believe in God, you have to at least admit he’s in over his head”.

• Haha 1

Guest wilyfox
1 hour ago, timrud said:

It is clear Monk doesn't rate Palmer at all. As soon as he came off injured we started playing much better too. On reflection Monk will be thinking he should've brought Moses on when Shaw came off.

Neither Palmer or Odubajo are anything special, and that’s the problem. Odubajo gets caught defensively, Palmer is very limited in attacking situations. The thought of not replacing Murphy before deadline is inconceivable. 

Ben Godfrey just went for £26m. I would have thought we'd be expecting closer to somewhere in the region of £6-8m if Dom was to go? What are people basing us not getting £2.5m for him, out of curiosity? He's only 25, 6ft 4, one of the quickest in the league, over 150 games in him already and fast becoming a leader.

As much as it hurts to say, if we were to bring in Sanderson for £250/500k, given how little we purchased Dom for, a sale in the region mentioned above would potentially be our best bit of business in memory.

Guest Kagoshimaowl
1 hour ago, timrud said:

Are you serious? Odubajo was awful and should have given away a penalty. I never EVER want to see him at centre back again.

Guest Kagoshimaowl
6 minutes ago, Animis said:

I'd still like to see Iorfa at right back in a traditional 4-4-2. 

We’d get hammered. We play the formation we do because Bannan can’t play in a two and our centre backs play better with the extra protection in a three.

26 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

We’d get hammered. We play the formation we do because Bannan can’t play in a two and our centre backs play better with the extra protection in a three.

Other teams seem to manage it and Iorfa, like Hutchison and Lee came to the club as a full back.

We seem to be transfixed of playing a system that yields no or little rewards, simply because our players are poor or aren't playing in their natural positions. I'm all up for players being flexible but it has to be successful - save for a decent 2019, we've struggled now for three of the last four.

I agree with you on BB; we'll be held hostage with BB in the team until he leaves or we do what we should have done in 2016 and bought a powerful and mobile centre midfield partner - Luongo isn't that, so we carry on...

Guest Kagoshimaowl
33 minutes ago, Animis said:

Other teams seem to manage it and Iorfa, like Hutchison and Lee came to the club as a full back.

We seem to be transfixed of playing a system that yields no or little rewards, simply because our players are poor or aren't playing in their natural positions. I'm all up for players being flexible but it has to be successful - save for a decent 2019, we've struggled now for three of the last four.

I agree with you on BB; we'll be held hostage with BB in the team until he leaves or we do what we should have done in 2016 and bought a powerful and mobile centre midfield partner - Luongo isn't that, so we carry on...

4-4-2 is the most outdated formation in football. It’s rubbish! All games are won in the midfield so there has to be three in there. I think the best formation is 4-3-3 or 4-2-1-3 but as I said before our players can’t do it.