WEDNESDAY -V- QPR OMDT

Guest Bulgaria

Much better second half, so credit where due but FFS is there a football team on Earth that gives it's fans more pain...?

As soon as JP came on, the whole attitude of the side altered. We went from giving it a good go and pressing them back to defensive mode. We can't defend a game with 22 mins remaining. It sends out the wrong signals. DB did look knackered, but it was the mentality that was worrying. Clearly the side play to the managers instructions, butI don't think we needed to go all defensive.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

The worrying thing is..you actually KNOW its gonna happen..Its like some self fulfilling prophecy that 1 goal up...last few minutes is at best ..A draw

Bloody Wednesday fans...No matter how you watch it....

Yer one up...95 mins... yer phone tings..

.Most supporters think.... "ohh full time"

Wednesday fan.... "Oh FFS!"

And its years of experience, years of this f.ookin' mallet bouncing offa yer head...you simply KNOW!

You can't help thinking..The team is in there somewhere...but every week someones injured, someones missing, someones played outta positon and someones gonna have a mare.

Its as though we are a football club that actually defy the laws of all thats football....

Head down keep goin'..Head down, keep goin', the weary mantra of a tired Owls fan....God its bloody painful!

Absolutely brilliant. 

Guest Bulgaria
4 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

The worrying thing is..you actually KNOW its gonna happen..Its like some self fulfilling prophecy that 1 goal up...last few minutes is at best ..A draw

Bloody Wednesday fans...No matter how you watch it....

Yer one up...95 mins... yer phone tings..

.Most supporters think.... "ohh full time"

Wednesday fan.... "Oh FFS!"

And its years of experience, years of this f.ookin' mallet bouncing offa yer head...you simply KNOW!

You can't help thinking..The team is in there somewhere...but every week someones injured, someones missing, someones played outta positon and someones gonna have a mare.

Its as though we are a football club that actually defy the laws of all thats football....

Head down keep goin'..Head down, keep goin', the weary mantra of a tired Owls fan....God its bloody painful!

It's good for putting bets on the opposition to get an equalizer though.

4 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

Considering what happened with injuries yes 

We were awful in the first half and the only injury we got then was a young midfielder playing his first proper game at CB had to off, strange he was picked as the best option in that position in the first place.

Monk then chose to use his 3rd sub with 25 minutes still to go. Dele-Bashiru may have been tiring but he should be able to play 90 minutes at his age, especially when we have got 2 weeks off now. 

We had 5 minutes to hold out with 10 men - and failed.

Not good enough. 

10 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Monk is damned lucky there aren't home supporters allowed in to watch!

Eight points at home out of the last 42. Absolute garbage.

This is and always was why we're going down this season, even without the points deficit.

How many more dropped points will it take?

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Why did Reach switch to the right side towards the end when he had been part of our best attacks down the left? 

Because Samuel was tearing him a new one. Harris kept him quiet and looked a threat going forward in the space they left on that side, almost creating a second goal for Luongo. 

3 minutes ago, striker said:

Because Samuel was tearing him a new one. Harris kept him quiet and looked a threat going forward in the space they left on that side, almost creating a second goal for Luongo. 

Cross for their goal came from our right where we didn't get out quick enough. Reach set up our goal when on the left and also forced a good save from the keeper when he was playing on that side of the pitch. 

Another Monk move that didn't work.

Edited by Guest

To put it in perspective. If we'd started on 0 points we'd now be sitting in twelfth. As an average championship team I'm not quite sure what we are expecting. I reckon we'll be clear of the relegation zone by new year. Surviving has to be the target and I think we'll be safe.

Listening to some of these clowns on Praise and grumble is  quite entertaining.

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Cross for their goal came from our right where we didn't get out quick enough. Reach set up our goal when on the left and also forced a good save from the keeper when he was playing on that side of the pitch. 

Another Monk move that didn't work.

Yes, reach had an effect, but was struggling with Samuel in the second half when he went wide. Harris nullified that threat and posed his own going forward. 

If assigning blame (which I'm not) for not closing down their cross, that was Reach's job. 

Had we had 11 men, I'm sure it would have been dealt with, as would the marking in the middle. 

2 minutes ago, OwlBiSeeinThi said:

To put it in perspective. If we'd started on 0 points we'd now be sitting in twelfth. As an average championship team I'm not quite sure what we are expecting. I reckon we'll be clear of the relegation zone by new year. Surviving has to be the target and I think we'll be safe.

Listening to some of these clowns on Praise and grumble is  quite entertaining.

TBF you have to be a clown to ring in the first place

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, striker said:

Yes, reach had an effect, but was struggling with Samuel in the second half when he went wide. Harris nullified that threat and posed his own going forward. 

If assigning blame (which I'm not) for not closing down their cross, that was Reach's job. 

Had we had 11 men, I'm sure it would have been dealt with, as would the marking in the middle. 

Samuel wasn't causing us that much trouble, not as much as Reach was causing them on that side. How many last ditch tackles did we have to make before the switch, how many close shots did they have? It didn't need changing.