Kenneth Zahore is on his way

15 hours ago, rickygoo said:

His goals record is not very good but maybe he's makes openings for other people. Warnock loved him - although he did sign Madine. 

For me the potential issue is that we've said that about a number of players we've signed... They don't score goals but they create chances.... Could do with a goalscorer to convert all these chances that we are going to create. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, JOCOWl said:

For me the potential issue is that we've said that about a number of players we've signed... They don't score goals but they create chances.... Could do with a goalscorer to convert all these chances that we are going to create. 

This is it we need a goal scorer . I imagine Patterson is useful and making space and chances for others , really could do with somebody to benefit from that 

• Like 1

Guest gizowl

Zahore is still not fit from last season, calf injuries can be a nightmare to shrug off as seems to be the case here, forget about him and go for Grosicki. 

15 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

We’re going for the wrong one. Bilic wants rid of Zahore Austin and Grosiski. 

Let’s go for the other two, Austin is a 20 goal a season man and Grosiski scores and creates. 

With respect, yes Austin is undoubtably a better goalscorer, but he will bring none of the other stuff Monk wants from his centre forward We can’t fall into that trap again, solely focussing on a player’s goals record (Rhodes and Winnall) but let’s look more at what they bring to the team. WBA used Austin in the same way Norwich used Rhodes, and got some joy with that. We already have Rhodes who we can use in this way, someone to bring on for the last 10 minutes if we need a goal

Just now, gurujuan said:

With respect, yes Austin is undoubtably a better goalscorer, but he will bring none of the other stuff Monk wants from his centre forward We can’t fall into that trap again, solely focussing on a player’s goals record (Rhodes and Winnall) but let’s look more at what they bring to the team. WBA used Austin in the same way Norwich used Rhodes, and got some joy with that. We already have Rhodes who we can use in this way, someone to bring on for the last 10 minutes if we need a goal

I get what your saying but we’re playing 2 up top, if he partners Austin with Windass then he has all the effort and effect of windass with the goals of Austin.

At the end of the day goals win games and Austin has scored them everywhere he’s been even last year when he rarely played. It’s all good bringing in someone with attributes but if we don’t have goals we can’t get out of this mess.

Rhodes goals had dried up at boro before we got him and also at the end of Blackburn. Austin is different IMO and with it being a loan I see more reward than risk.

Grososki on the other hand Would be an awsome signing. 

9 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

I get what your saying but we’re playing 2 up top, if he partners Austin with Windass then he has all the effort and effect of windass with the goals of Austin.

At the end of the day goals win games and Austin has scored them everywhere he’s been even last year when he rarely played. It’s all good bringing in someone with attributes but if we don’t have goals we can’t get out of this mess.

Rhodes goals had dried up at boro before we got him and also at the end of Blackburn. Austin is different IMO and with it being a loan I see more reward than risk.

Grososki on the other hand Would be an awsome signing. 

If we are struggling with Zohore's wages. We got no chance with Austins.

After reservations at first I’d be quite happy with this if we can get the right deal for the club. 

A partnership of him and Paterson is going to be a handful for any defence i feel. Both have strength and a decent level of pace and know each other from Cardiff days. Their presence will also hopefully make us harder to defend at set pieces too when you add the likes of Iorfa and Dunkley to the mix.
i hope we can negotiate the right level of wages for him! 

8 hours ago, Daz said:

Perhaps he’s on a ‘B’ road in France or the fax machine might not be working?

Was owt ever heard of Geoff Hulley after that live interview on radio Sheffield? 

That was pure comedy gold. 

To be fair Zohore would suit us how he plays and could work well with our other forwards but it would reckless considering his fitness, loss of form and his wages. Unless, WBA subsidise around half of his wages, it would be much smarter to look for someone with similar attributes but more feasible and on much less wages.