Kenneth Zahore is on his way

If he's really on 40k a week I can understand why WBA want us to show we're able and willing to pay most of it, since if this is ultimately about moving him on permanently, why loan him to a club that probably wouldn't be able to take him on permanently should his loan spell be successful (as why else would we want to sign him permanently?)

WBA might ultimately be willing to pay more of his wages, of course, but it'll obviously go right to the deadline day then, and so I can only assume (hope) we'll be working on several back-up plans should things not go our way.

Even so, if we sign him, it'll be like when we signed Wickham last season and it'll be purely about what he can do for us the period of the loan spell with little prospect of us signing him on a permanent due to wages. Personally, I'd look at this kind of signing as a last resort as I'd much rather we sign someone who, even if it's on loan initially (like Windass), has at least a real chance of ultimately signing permanently. Obviously, whoever comes in needs to have quality, and so if that's only available in the expensive loan market then so be it, but it's far from ideal.

Guest wilyfox
2 minutes ago, shez owl said:

This has all the hallmarks of making the same mistakes we made in last few years.. no thanks

depends what the terms are. If wba subsidise his wages, could be do-able providing there’s no loan fee. We shouldn’t buy him. That would be a huge mistake, but only loan mentioned anyway. 

Just now, rickygoo said:

Is he any good?

Had one stand out season, the year Cardiff got promoted under Colin, alongside Harris and Paterson. Perhaps, that's partly behind the thinking of the interest. His style would possibly suit us, alongside Paterson or allow us to play 3 up front or have suitable cover and options.

However, his wages are a turn off, especially considering his form and his one eye catching season was a couple of years ago. It would be more sensible to target players on less wages, bargains or more feasible acquisitions. 

What I like is that we seem to identify a player and go for them I don’t mind us being in a negotiation period if this is the player we want 

I know many are frustrated because we want everything  yesterday and some quite rightly question the money involved but let’s be right Zohore could be our star player or key player to finish off our front focal point 

it goes with out saying that strikers are more expensive than other players so I’m in the camp of backing our recruitment team this year it seems very focused 

• Like 1

For 40k I'd expect a better striker tbh 

Granted I've not seen alot of zahore but his record doesn't scream chuck 40 grand at him

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

So doesn't live up to the title thread basically the only thing we have learnt is that the lad is keen to come to Hillsborough which is a positive.

Not sure that last word is allowed on here Inspector.

• Haha 1