4 days to go

Guest Grandad

12 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

'Other than Iorfa'?

Do we think he's leaving, then?

I don't think there's anyone I'd be gutted to see leave as long as we brought in the right price for them.

Issue would be we would be in a position of trying to bring in replacements at the 11th hour. Given milk turns quicker than our recruitment team works, probably end up with payment staged over a number of years and further weakness in the side.

Love to see more high earners leave the club. 

I think this is the last year of the contracts for them. 

Would be very happy to see Westwood and Rhodes off our books. Think it’s unlikely though. 

Given the financial climate, FFP and the general need to start trading like a business rather than a charity, I’d happily sell Iorfa for good money. 

With Dunkley mobing towards fitness in the next few weeks , the re-emergence of Van Aken, plus Lees and Borner, it may be necessary for our financial stablility to sell a valuable asset when it has value for once. 

Edited by RichSheffWeds

There's 5 I'd love to see on there way. 

I just don't think we'll be able to get rid of them. 

Reach (dosent fit our system and looks like he needs a new challenge) 

Rhodes, enough said. 

Joey, I'd rather see bashiru or hunt given games and probably more effective. 

VanAkren. Championship football is too physical and too mobile for him. 

Odd job. Hasnt managed to recreate his old form for Hull and been a bit of a defensive liability when he's played. 

Westwood, hes too expensive to just hang around collecting wages while not contributing on the pitch. 

Edited by shezzas left peg

17 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

There's 5 I'd love to see on there way. 

I just don't think we'll be able to get rid of them. 

Reach (dosent fit our system and looks like he needs a new challenge) 

Rhodes, enough said. 

Joey, I'd rather see bashiru or hunt given games and probably more effective. 

VanAkren. Championship football is too physical and too mobile for him. 

Odd job. Hasnt managed to recreate his old form for Hull and been a bit of a defensive liability when he's played. 

Westwood, hes too expensive to just hang around collecting wages while not contributing on the pitch. 

That’s probably about right, but it would depend who we could bring in first. Not too many of those we could lose without bringing in replacements

3 hours ago, gurujuan said:

That’s probably about right, but it would depend who we could bring in first. Not too many of those we could lose without bringing in replacements

Yeah whilst it's a problem thinking about replacing them.. I'm not sure any chairman or managers gullible enough that we can con into buying most of them. lol

Guest Grandad
6 hours ago, RichSheffWeds said:

Love to see more high earners leave the club. 

the re-emergence of Van Aken,. 

Errrm

Guest Mcguigan
21 hours ago, Road Runner said:

I think Shaw is ready to be challenging the first 11 now, never looked out of place when played. 

Not a Championship level yet, great potential but the answer to our problems at the moment.

The topic was 'who would you be GUTTED to see leave', so I'll try to stick to that and not add to those I'd love to see go.

Fact is, right now, unless we get a decent replacement, this squad seems to be getting into a good environment and growing confidence, back to getting ing basics right and I think if one our "key"/veteran players (e.g. Bannan, Iorfa, Lees, Luongo) left now, the hull would take a serious hit so to speak. I do believe we should sell if the price is right, but with the task ahead of us, team spirit and morale should be valued highly when it comes to who we let go. If possible, I'd hold on now and let go in January window if we've clawed our way out of this mess by then.

On 02/10/2020 at 02:59, Inspector Lestrade said:

Hector is getting destroyed on Twitter for tonight's performance, Iorfa is no better than him, doubt in today's market we would get anywhere near £10m for him.

It shows the good business to spend on Iorfa against hector despite the collective clamor at the time to sign for 4m plus