Jump to content

Keiren Westwood on his way OUT of SWFC


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

 

 

You're off your rocker


Good luck with that

I'm sure you're going to be trusted with inside sensitive info

 

lol

 

I am trusted with loads of inside info, I can even sign passport photos verifying people's identity, so I think i'd be a good candidate for this role 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

I am trusted with loads of inside info, I can even sign passport photos verifying people's identity, so I think i'd be a good candidate for this role 


Keep us updated on your mission

  • Haha 1

 


Owlstalk Shop

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

I've just had fifteen well  known respected  journalists (including famous national ones) AND a TV presenter on a sports show AND  a former manager who PM'd me to say that a  rogue journalist who doesn't know what they'rer on about is PM'ing false information to people and not to believe it

They all said that when they definitely PM'd me  just now

  • Haha 2

 


Owlstalk Shop

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

I am trusted with loads of inside info, I can even sign passport photos verifying people's identity, so I think i'd be a good candidate for this role 

I've just found out your occupation :rolleyes:

 

accountant

airline pilot

articled clerk of a limited company

assurance agent of recognised company

bank or building society official

barrister

chairman or director of a limited company

chiropodist

commissioner for oaths

councillor, for example local or county

civil servant (permanent)

dentist

director, manager or personnel officer of a VAT-registered company

engineer with professional qualifications

financial services intermediary, for example a stockbroker or insurance broker

fire service official

funeral director

insurance agent (full time) of a recognised company

journalist

Justice of the Peace

legal secretary (fellow or associate member of the Institute of Legal Secretaries and PAs)

licensee of a public house

local government officer

manager or personnel officer of a limited company

member, associate or fellow of a professional body

Member of Parliament

Merchant Navy officer

minister of a recognised religion (including Christian Science)

nurse (RGN or RMN)

officer of the armed services

optician

paralegal (certified paralegal, qualified paralegal or associate member of the Institute of Paralegals)

person with honours, for example an OBE or MBE

pharmacist

photographer (professional)

police officer

Post Office official

president or secretary of a recognised organisation

Salvation Army officer

social worker

solicitor

surveyor

teacher or lecturer

trade union officer

travel agent (qualified)

valuer or auctioneer (fellow or associate members of the incorporated society)

Warrant Officers and Chief Petty Officers

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

 

 

I've just had fifteen well  known respected  journalists (including famous national ones) AND a TV presenter on a sports show AND  a former manager who PM'd me to say that a  rogue journalist who doesn't know what they'rer on about is PM'ing false information to people and not to believe it

They all said that when they definitely PM'd me  just now

@reputablejournalistOWL they're saying you're a rogue journalist mate

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, tomhollywood said:

I manage 65 members of staff.

Unfortunately I can't sell them or move them on.

So the few who are disruptive and create issues are placed where they cause the least disruption. 

Drive thru?

  • Haha 1

"The best poster on Owlstalk by far" - Kaven Walker

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rickygoo said:

 

But Bullen, Bruce, Gary and Carlos all thought otherwise re Westwood - and Hutchinson. I'm not saying Monk is wrong to promote Dawson and Wildsmith - although last year's results after he was dropped aren't helpful to the Westwood-haters - just wonder why people can't be a bit nicer about it all.  

Cos Westwoods wages are part of the issue....saddled with him now and costing us millions that could be spent on other players,who do 'allegedly' care and who are prepared to knuckle down and battle for a shirt

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

 

 

As always when anything happens at a club the journalists know what has gone off (they'll have heard it from other players, agents, quiet conversations behind the scenes)

Whether they can/will/dare to publish is another thing entirely

When did @ANDY stop selling pies and writing for the Guardian?

  • Haha 1

"The best poster on Owlstalk by far" - Kaven Walker

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Who in their right mind would leave a very well paid job in the twilight of their profession to take a less well paid role?

 

I doubt that hardly anyone on this site would be knocking on the door of their manager demanding to rip up their contract so they could sod off down the road for half the money or less.

 

He will see out his contract if he has any sense and I would hope that should the club ask him to play he would do so with good grace.

Someone who wanted to play football...maybe?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, parajack said:

Someone who wanted to play football...maybe?

 

He probably does want to play but he has a family to support and probably puts his needs behind theirs. 

 

Doubtful that he will ever have such a well paid job and needs to think of the future.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, rickygoo said:

 

Why do we have to demonise the player either? No need to "demonise"anybody. Anyway criticism or questioning is not demonising. 

 

He's the best goalkeeper we've had for many years. Now his time at S6 appears to be over, certainly while the current manager - who has achieved nothing in his time here just like the last bloke who dropped Westwood - is in place. So be it. Players come and go - no need to castigate them.  It will play out as it plays out. If someone has inside information then fine but otherwise it's speculation about a dispute between a potentially mardy goalie and a couple of potentially no-mark managers. Stand easy.

He was ( past tense)the best keeper we’ve had for years. His time is definitely up at S6 and like all the managers who have managed him while he’s been here have achieved nothing. Not just the managers who have had the guts to drop him.

Accordingly to player and manager, at the end of Feb meeting. He was fit and no fall out. He would also have to fight to regain his place.

Fact is, he hasn’t played since, featured a couple of times on the bench and has since been banished from the first team. 
Cannot see any manager doing that without just reason.

Too many incidents through his league career and international career ( with different managers) for it to be always someone  else’s fault. 
Thanks for the memories, but do one. 
just my opinion

 

  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

He was ( past tense)the best keeper we’ve had for years. His time is definitely up at S6 and like all the managers who have managed him while he’s been here have achieved nothing. Not just the managers who have had the guts to drop him.

Accordingly to player and manager, at the end of Feb meeting. He was fit and no fall out. He would also have to fight to regain his place.

Fact is, he hasn’t played since, featured a couple of times on the bench and has since been banished from the first team. 
Cannot see any manager doing that without just reason.

Too many incidents through his league career and international career ( with different managers) for it to be always someone  else’s fault. 
Thanks for the memories, but do one. 
just my opinion

 

 

Talk me through Garry Monk and chairmen. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, rickygoo said:

 

But Bullen, Bruce, Gary and Carlos all thought otherwise re Westwood - and Hutchinson. I'm not saying Monk is wrong to promote Dawson and Wildsmith - although last year's results after he was dropped aren't helpful to the Westwood-haters - just wonder why people can't be a bit nicer about it all.  

Totally different situation,Bullen not a manager,& Bruce,well................whats to add? If Bruce hadnt offered WW his latest contract,we wouldnt be paying him millions now would we?   

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, parajack said:

Totally different situation,Bullen not a manager,& Bruce,well................whats to add? If Bruce hadnt offered WW his latest contract,we wouldnt be paying him millions now would we?   

 

I'm not fussed either way. I think based on last season's performances and results Westwood stillhas a good claim to be worthy of being our number one  - not the best in the division but the best at S6 - but that's a judgement call and is based on last season. Monk will live or die by decisions like these - he's probably already in intensive care but he may pull through.  

 

However, nastiness towards a player who has given us good service and was our best keeper for a long time is, I think, an indication of a lack of class amongst some members of the fanbase. It doesn't surprise me but there you go.   

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:



Ferguson said very clearly that a manager should ALWAYS move troublesome players out immediately without hesitation

 

 

Like Cantona you mean ? Oh yes he was a right team player wasn’t he . No exception made there then 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...