Jump to content

Kieran having a pop at the management.


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Willow Owl said:

Not his fault !!

Maybe if he tried fighting for his place.

How do you know he hasn’t tried , I’m sure he would much rather be playing than lolling around putting on weight !!!! . He needs to move on maybe the slating  will stop then , short memories some . 

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

Why should he ? Perhaps all the players should do the same , seeing as though they are on a Bob or two !!. 

Or, only players who need it should be given it ?

Link to post
Share on other sites

if he is on 30k a week not a club anywhere will have any interest in him . in fact i doubt we could find a club what would pay 25% of his wage same goes for rhodes and reach too. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

Not his fault !!

Maybe if he tried fighting for his place.


He was placed with U23s to train and we chose to focus on the younger keepers. He was playing under monk and now we went in a different direction. On many occasions last season we could’ve done with him in goal tbh when the younger lads made big errors and the defence was a wreck.

 

I don’t think there’s much to KWs tweet, just a legacy of Bruce wanting him and Monk looking at the long game. 

It’s a shame it’s going so sour with arguably the best keeper we’ve had since the early 90s.

 

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, The_Limit_Owl said:

Good keeper but something's not right about the latter days of his time with us, if he'd been hard done to we'd have heard his side by now?

 

True!

That's what we keep getting told about George Hirst's side not being told because George's side is in the wrong so it MUST apply to Westwood's too

 

 

  • Haha 1

 


Owlstalk Shop

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Maybe... Must be code for something, one for the conspiracy theorists amongst us.  @S36 OWL where are you?

 

 

 

 

he will look back on all this wasted time after he finished playing and hopefully regret putting a fat wage in front of playing

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, owlsdreamer said:

he will look back on all this wasted time after he finished playing and hopefully regret putting a fat wage in front of playing


Doubt it - if that was the case he'd have sorted it out


 


Owlstalk Shop

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

If I was Westwood I'd be thinking, "I'm out of favour here but I want to carry on playing before the door shuts on my career. I'll ask my agent to find me another club, I don't care what they pay me I just want to keep playing as long as possible".

 

Or do I think feck playing I'll just keep drawing my wedge.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

How do you know he hasn’t tried , I’m sure he would much rather be playing than lolling around putting on weight !!!! . He needs to move on maybe the slating  will stop then , short memories some . 

An interview Feb/ March when Monk told him he would need to fight for his place. Obviously wasn’t up for the fight. No short memory/ just fed up with the saga that is Westwood. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bluesteel said:


He was placed with U23s to train and we chose to focus on the younger keepers. He was playing under monk and now we went in a different direction. On many occasions last season we could’ve done with him in goal tbh when the younger lads made big errors and the defence was a wreck.

 

I don’t think there’s much to KWs tweet, just a legacy of Bruce wanting him and Monk looking at the long game. 

It’s a shame it’s going so sour with arguably the best keeper we’ve had since the early 90s.

 

Wasn’t he dropped because of poor form and big errors though. 
No room for sentiment when he hasn’t been anywhere near his best for 2 seasons at least. 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, mogbad said:

If I was Westwood I'd be thinking, "I'm out of favour here but I want to carry on playing before the door shuts on my career. I'll ask my agent to find me another club, I don't care what they pay me I just want to keep playing as long as possible".

 

Or do I think feck playing I'll just keep drawing my wedge.


Somewhere inbetween I guess. A keeper can play til they are 40 if they just want to play but earning big bucks probably stops in the summer.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, William 1867 said:

Should be Monk out for this situation , best goalie in the club not playing.

MONK OUT now.

Why is it Monks fault, not playing a goalkeeper that was woefully out of form when dropped, and hasn’t got the stomach to fight for his place. 
Best goalkeeper, not for 2 years plus. 
Was a great keeper for us but need to leave sentiment out of this and see it as it is.

Westwood out, not Monk out

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

Wasn’t he dropped because of poor form and big errors though. 
No room for sentiment when he hasn’t been anywhere near his best for 2 seasons at least. 


I think under Bruce he was in decent form. He’s always had a rick in him for coming out and clattering an attacker and he did that a couple of time’s under Monk. But we were third in the league. Not wholly down to him, but something did change when the future plans were revealed and we had younger keepers making big errors too with a wide open, defeated team. 
 

I think we just chose to bite the bullet and get the young lads playing. Dawson’s contract was up last summer and he signed a new one toward the end of 2019 I think. No doubt needing some assurances on his place in the side. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, William 1867 said:

Should be Monk out for this situation , best goalie in the club not playing.

MONK OUT now.

Yeah that makes sense. Sack the manager who has finally been able to bring in his coaching staff and a couple of his own players, gradually reducing the wage bill to a manageable level, in a job which not many other managers would want to instead keep a player who is average in his position yet one of the highest paid in the league.

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, 83owl said:

Yeah that makes sense. Sack the manager who has finally been able to bring in his coaching staff and a couple of his own players, gradually reducing the wage bill to a manageable level, in a job which not many other managers would want to instead keep a player who is average in his position yet one of the highest paid in the league.

He just needs to start winning football matches now...

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...