From a cocky underachiever to battling Luis Suarez: The making of Callum Paterson

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Nice one! 

Good work mate 👍

He used facebook took him all of five minutes, bloody modern day sleuths, not like it was in my day. 

That would have been an overnight stay in a hotel and catch the 17:00 Edinburgh to London  train back home the next day (1st Class), and more than likely a Mr Big was on the train evilily killing middle class women.

Bloody Facebook

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

He used facebook took him all of five minutes, bloody modern day sleuths, not like it was in my day. 

That would have been an overnight stay in a hotel and catch the 17:00 Edinburgh to London  train back home the next day (1st Class), and more than likely a Mr Big was on the train evilily killing middle class women.

Bloody Facebook

If only! 😉

• Like 1

Just now, Inspector Lestrade said:

We really could do with another one, Paterson on the face of it seems an excellent signing but I'm not convinced that he is the answer to our lack of goals.

Don't know enough about him to be honest but he could be the perfect foil for another striker to play alongside? All hustle and bustle like Paul Williams was for Hirst. Unfortunately we don't look like playing two out and out strikers with what we've seen from Monk so far.

3 minutes ago, full fathom five said:

Don't know enough about him to be honest but he could be the perfect foil for another striker to play alongside? All hustle and bustle like Paul Williams was for Hirst. Unfortunately we don't look like playing two out and out strikers with what we've seen from Monk so far.

Now if only we could find another David Hirst. We should have our scouts looking in the pubs of Cudworth😎

Edited by full fathom five

Just now, full fathom five said:

Will be interesting how he plays him, my guess is that Windass would benefit most from his presence if he can play in the gaps which hopefully Patteson will open up with his more aggressive style.

But like you I know little him about him apart from his stats.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Toadie said:

No word yet - wouldn't be surprised if he was number nine.

"But he's got this fuel about him.

“He wants to keep working, he wants the team to keep working, he wants to get results. That's the attitude that has got him there and that will carry on."

This is exactly what we need from any player who signs for Wednesday.

Great news.

4 hours ago, Toadie said:

Evening all,

Delighted that Wednesday announced the signing of Callum Paterson this afternoon, not only because I think he's a steal but because it means this interview wasn't a complete waste of time.

I tracked down Paterson's childhood football coach to find out how he went from a cocky, average player at an amateur side to facing up against Luis Suarez, Steven Gerrard and co within three years..

The right attitude that the squad requires in my eyes. Can’t wait to see what he can contribute to the team. 

14 hours ago, Toadie said:

Evening all,

Delighted that Wednesday announced the signing of Callum Paterson this afternoon, not only because I think he's a steal but because it means this interview wasn't a complete waste of time.

I tracked down Paterson's childhood football coach to find out how he went from a cocky, average player at an amateur side to facing up against Luis Suarez, Steven Gerrard and co within three years..

Nice article, cheers. I do enjoy reading things like this which shows players from a different side and in a different environment.

He certainly sounds like the type of player we need.

Maybe you could do some similar articles for current players?

It really helps people see they are a person and not just a number and name on a shirt.

Too many fans think it's like playing FIFA these days and forget that players have families, pasts, troubles etc like the rest of us.

If by some way of a miracle I changed jobs and started earning millions a year, my life would be more secure financially no doubt. But it wouldn't change anything that affects me mentally and the feelings that come along with working your way through life.

Good work though, articles like this are interesting and bring about some real positivity in my opinion.