Owlstalk Player of the Month September

Owlstalk Player of the Month September  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your player of the month for September?

• Cameron Dawson
    • Joe Wildsmith
    • Liam Palmer
    • Joost van Aken
    • Moses Odubajo
    • Dominic Iorfa
    • Julian Borner
    • Tom Lees
    • Massimo Luongo
    • Izzy Brown
    • Alex Hunt
    • Barry Bannan
    • Adam Reach
    • Joey Pelupessy
    • Kadeem Harris
    • Fisayo Dele-Bashiru
    • Matt Penney
    • Liam Shaw
    • Josh Windass

I was thinking about doing this last season. Taking all of the Man of the Match results for each game within a given month and seeing which player had the highest number of wins.

The winners of each Man of the Match poll for the games in September are as follows:

• Walsall - Matt Penney 204 votes (71.58%)
  • Cardiff - Josh Windass 180 votes (40%)
  • Rochdale - Alex Hunt - 61 votes (32.20%)
  • Watford - Tom Lees - 112 votes (28.87%)
  • Fulham - Moses Odubajo - 69 votes (40%)
  • Bristol - n/a

With no player having won more than one Man of the Match for September there is no clear winner so lets put it to a vote. (maybe a vote is the way forward each month anyway and lets see at the end of the season who has the most wins?).

Who will be the Official Owlstalk Player of the Month for September?

*Had to leave some of the kids out who played in the cup as there is a max number of choices available in a poll.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, Miffed said:

I was thinking about doing this last season. Taking all of the Man of the Match results for each game within a given month and seeing which player had the highest number of wins.

The winners of each Man of the Match poll for the games in September are as follows:

• Bristol - n/a

With no player having won more than one Man of the Match for September there is no clear winner so lets put it to a vote. (maybe a vote is the way forward each month anyway and lets see at the end of the season who has the most wins?).

*Had to leave some of the kids out who played in the cup as there is a max number of choices available in a poll.

Thanks that’s really helpful. We quickly forget and react to the latest match (although it would be a nil-nil-nil-nil....poll if we only think of Bristol City!).

Im pleased to see Lees and Luongo leading. Along with Iorfa they’ve had 3 decent games.

Tom Lees for me. He’s been our best defender and best player.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Miffed said:

• Bristol - n/a

The trouble with that is what if a a player is excellent in two matches then is absolute turd in 3/4 costing us the match in 3. Player of the month he would certainly be not.

The OMTD and player ratings should have their own section, easier to review all seasons that way.

35 minutes ago, DobbinTheDonkey said:

The trouble with that is what if a a player is excellent in two matches then is absolute turd in 3/4 costing us the match in 3. Player of the month he would certainly be not.

The OMTD and player ratings should have their own section, easier to review all seasons that way.

Actually that’s a very good point. Thanks

Maybe next month I’ll do a similar post, with the winners of each game for reference, but leave it to a poll

30 minutes ago, OriginalAlien said:

I went for Luongo.

Why are Rhodes and Kachunga not on the list?

Don't expect Kachunga to click straight way. He needs time to get used to how others in the team play. I've seen that many times in the past. I think he's a good player and will come good.

I've supported Rhodes for a long time but I don't think he will come good for us. He needs a move to resurrect his career