BREAKING NEWS - New striker Callum Paterson signs for Sheffield Wednesday FC

Absolutely disgraceful from the club, when you look at our early season performances and how gutless they've been it's honestly depressing. Replacing players like Pelts, Bruno, Camarasa, and Pato with lads like Ojo, Pack, Flint, and Cunningham, players who look like they struggle with an acute deficiency in effort or passion. Genuinely painful watching big Pat go, and to a Gary Monk team? Vile.

Comment from a Cardiff fan on Reddit regarding the move. The fact their fans are reacting like this gives me a lot of optimism about this signing.

Welcome to Wednesday Patsypoo!

Very important signing.

Will run all day ,work hard, and most importantly will replace Nuhiu as the clubs cult player.  The soul of the club needs a cult player - someone who will be inconsistent, frustrating, a bit rough round the edges but ultimately likeable and a therefore a hero of sorts.

we have now signed that player.  The zen of the club is thus restored.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Screenshot 2020-09-30 at 12.35.00.jpg

WHATS UP WITH HIS ARM????

He's holding the wall up as we've got some building work going on. Apparantly DC is converting one of the downstairs loo's in to an office for Paxo.

Monk said Paterson was versatile, and so it seems. He's doing first fix on the elastictrickery before training tomorrow morning too.

1 hour ago, shandypants said:

Is he nasty spiteful type of forward (I’m assuming that we won’t play him as a right back or midfielder)? We need a real nasty b45t4rd in the side. 

He's got the attributes to be what we lack upfront and have missed since Fletcher. His biggest strengths are his workrate, his energy and his physicality. He's good with his head too and undervalued as a link up player. To me I see a bit of Fletcher in his game (the way he put himself about and his body on the line for others and himself) mixed with the link up play of Hooper.

As I and others have said, he's versatile which is useful especially this season, he's capable of playing upfront, as well as on the right side of attack or midfield at this level. I see him as an attacker, same as he seemingly see's himself has, from what I've read he wants to prove himself as a striker and become Scotland's number 9.

21 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

We should have got Tomlin as well. PATSO & FATSO lol

That would go well with Izzy and Fizzy. Tomlin is another player I like, and like Paterson he was one of my sisters favourite players, would love it if we signed him. She wouldn't speak to me for days, like when we stopped them making the play offs a couple of times near the end of the season. :ghoulguy: