I just want to see us win at home

Is it really too much to ask? 

Yes we are not at the stadium but if we don’t win against QPR I am just going to have doubts even more. Is it a psychological thing, even with the fans not being there? 

I am well behind monk especially now he has been given the chance to bring his own staff in. I just fear that if we don’t win at home on Saturday many more will turn.

Hopefully Sunday’s result is just a minor bump in an otherwise difficult but successful season and staying up. 

Lets get reach back in the side playing left wing back instead of penney/Palmer, both of which are very mediocre IMO. Harris has struggled on the whole this year but always looks like he could do something in and around the box. 

UTO

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Sefton owl said:

Yes we are not at the stadium but if we don’t win against QPR I am just going to have doubts even more. Is it a psychological thing, even with the fans not being there? 

I am well behind monk especially now he has been given the chance to bring his own staff in. I just fear that if we don’t win at home on Saturday many more will turn.

Hopefully Sunday’s result is just a minor bump in an otherwise difficult but successful season and staying up. 

Lets get reach back in the side playing left wing back instead of penney/Palmer, both of which are very mediocre IMO. Harris has struggled on the whole this year but always looks like he could do something in and around the box. 

UTO

Bless...should have been around 74' but guess what...instead of bleating we went away and after every home defeat we took more away...sowed the seeds for our away support that lasts to this day ( without covid 😄 )  

• Like 3

The issue is that this team doesn’t deal well when the onus is on them to attack and take the game to the opponent. Home matches naturally play out like that. 

It’s why our away record isn’t too shabby. The pressure is on the other team to create and we usually rely on lapses in concentration or a set piece 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

Bless...should have been around 74' but guess what...instead of bleating we went away and after every home defeat we took more away...sowed the seeds for our away support that lasts to this day ( without covid 😄 )  

Surely then our fans should have done the same for home games?

Then we wouldn’t have this problem with home games

lol

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

2 hours ago, Sefton owl said:

UTO

Reach ? Come off it , doesn't matter where he's played these days he's ineffective 

Guest Therealrealist
16 hours ago, daveyboy66 said:

Yes we get it..you wer there in the 70s..so was i as a very small child but i dont harp on about it..im sending you a chocolate frog for your loyalty..itl be behind the bar in the nbt next time you visit👍

22 minutes ago, chrisf said:

I just want to see us play, in the flesh, not on the internet like some armchair FIFA supporter.

This. Due to the horrendous form last season when it kicked in I wasn't missing it, in fact if go so far as saying I was grateful for it, but not now. Now I want the misery in the flesh again 

17 hours ago, daveyboy66 said:

just 2 goals from the new year to the end of the season, makes monks team look like Roy of the Rovers.