Rhodes dropped

Guest Jack the Hat

On 27/09/2020 at 16:07, S72 Owl said:

Rhodes should start every league game until we sign a proper centre forward. He’s the only one we’ve got. 

Unfortunately, this is true. A damning indictment of our recruitment policy over the past 3 years.

Yes he’s effective around the penalty area, but today’s game demands far more than waiting for chances.

It’s like playing with 10 men.

6 hours ago, Jack the Hat said:

The run of games was over three years ago. Yet you choose to deduct from your equations something he did about 9 months ago and choose to ignore the goal he scored this season. Glad to see you are giving him a fair crack of the whip!

And as for the managers I wouldn’t  pay Carlos or Jos in rusty washers.

Did Bruce the almighty see anything in Rhodes ? 
At the start of last season, he cane on for the last 10 minutes against a ragged Tykes defence and looked spent as soon as he’d put a 10 yard spurt on. 
I’m not a football manager, nones of us on here are. We don’t need to be, because the fact that we can’t even offload him - nobody wants him. Nobody. Why ? Because he is useless.

Guest Jack the Hat
14 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

Did Bruce the almighty see anything in Rhodes ? 
At the start of last season, he cane on for the last 10 minutes against a ragged Tykes defence and looked spent as soon as he’d put a 10 yard spurt on. 
I’m not a football manager, nones of us on here are. We don’t need to be, because the fact that we can’t even offload him - nobody wants him. Nobody. Why ? Because he is useless.

Steve Bruce ‘Jordan, get warmed up son you’re going on!’

JR ‘I can’t boss!’

SB ‘ why not son?’

JR ‘I’m on a season long loan at Norwich.’

SB ‘OK, see you when you get back next season.’

JR ‘OK boss, but don’t leave before then’

SB’ I won’t. And you can put my word in the bank!’

Fade music. Wide angled pan. CUT!

Edited by Jack the Hat

2 minutes ago, Jack the Hat said:

JR ‘I can’t boss!’

SB ‘ why not son?’

What happens next?

On 28/09/2020 at 17:15, Jack the Hat said:

You’re nuts drinking merlot in the first place. Merlot is more of a workhorse grape to be blended with a superior grape such as cab sav or Shiraz. If you are going blended you can’t really beat the 19 crimes reds for value for money. Regarding Rhodes I nearly stuck 50 quid on him at 80-1 at the beginning of the season but the reason I didn’t was I was worried about Monks manic team selections.

14 hours ago, Jack the Hat said:

Rhodes has scored over 100 championship goals

When was the last season he scored over 10 league goals in a season.

He joined Boro in their promotion season around Xmas, got a run of games and then dropped and sold. Another manager who didnt rate him. 

4 minutes ago, Jack the Hat said:

JR ‘I can’t boss!’

SB ‘ why not son?’

Point taken. Although you’ve missed mine.
However, when Bruce was at Villa, and they had the budget to buy Rhodes, they swerved it and took Hogan from Brentford. 
SB - he’s not my kind of player, not suited to how we play. 

So, the widely respected Steve Bruce, with all those promotions on his CV, with Villas money to invest, didn’t want him. They’d got the perfect supplier of chances in Hourihane. But no. 
No.

Carlos No.

Jos No.

Bullen No

Monk no. 
Karanka No

And as for his trip to Norfolk, well he pulled all the trees up there. But the chairman thought he was a nice guy.

The last 6 managers he’s had think he’s not good enough. 

Guest Jack the Hat
26 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

What happens next?

His contract with Norwich ends when he goes on the lash with strike partner Pukki pies and sprays P155 ******** partridge on the side of a local DJs car, after drinking 19 bottles of a jammy flavoured blended Australian wine. After a tricky first season back he helps the blue and white wizards to an unexpected automatic promotion scoring 30 goals. A statue is erected of him outside Hillsboro. Unable to admit they were wrong DJ Mortimer and Sgt Tibbs  Cannot cope with the ignominy and pull down the statue one night after two lager and limes, but it crushes them. 
jordan retires from football two years later before becoming a DJ at a pub in Lytham St Anne’s. Sadly the ballon d’or eluded him. 

20 minutes ago, Jack the Hat said:

His contract with Norwich ends when he goes on the lash with strike partner Pukki pies and sprays P155 ******** partridge on the side of a local DJs car, after drinking 19 bottles of a jammy flavoured blended Australian wine. After a tricky first season back he helps the blue and white wizards to an unexpected automatic promotion scoring 30 goals. A statue is erected of him outside Hillsboro. Unable to admit they were wrong DJ Mortimer and Sgt Tibbs  Cannot cope with the ignominy and pull down the statue one night after two lager and limes, but it crushes them. 
jordan retires from football two years later before becoming a DJ at a pub in Lytham St Anne’s. Sadly the ballon d’or eluded him. 

...and that proves you’re deluded. Experience tells us he’ll be benched or out of the squad for the rest of the season; after which, he’ll ride off into the sunset having dry bummed SWFC over the previous five years. 

On 27/09/2020 at 15:54, Jack the Hat said:

Second highest championship scorer and our only striker apart from Windass ( who I am not convinced is a number 9)  whom he seems to compliment and he gets dropped and brought on too late to make an impact. Ridiculous decision by Monk. Despite his poor form for us is still averaging almost 1 in 5 which is what Zahore got last season in a promotion side and we want to spaff 25k a week on him . Rhodes needs a run and if he gets it will bag 20. Kachunga is OK but his scoring record is bobbins.

Does he just need the service?

Are we not playing to his strengths?

Did he show some good touches in his previous game?

Did Carlos ruin him?

Did he get into some good positions?

Have I won Rhodes bingo?

10 hours ago, DJMortimer said:

I'm still utterly bewildered that people have been watching Rhodes all this time and feel like he's the answer to our scoring problems. Outside of the impressive statistics that date back five whole years now, there has barely been a flicker of hope in all his time here. Yet other players have been regularly berated for being many times more effective. And still the universe is being drained of every possible excuse to try and keep the Emperor looking resplendent in his fine new robes. 

That glorious afternoon in Nottingham that belied the rest of his time at the club came in the midst of an ongoing spell otherwise of 18+11 appearances, 2 goals and 0 assists. And I don't think that poking home from 4 yards out at Cardiff can be considered the kind of sign necessary to indicate a goal avalanche is imminent. Like everyone else, he has to earn his place in the team, not have his sycophants reminding us of ancient history. Using that logic we could get Rodger Wylde or Tommy Tynan back.

I think we've both said before - never has one of our players continued to be defended like this who has failed so much for us.

I can only think the reason why some fans bizarrely think 'he will come good' still is because a lot of us hoped for years that he'd sign for us, that was a dream and it finally become a reality, but that reality has been an absolute disaster, and some fans just don't want to admit it hasn't worked. Sometimes it's easier for some to blindly believe than face reality (see those still advocating Brexit).

If Rhodes played every game for the rest of the season and scored 4 goals, fans like Jack The Hat would say we'd already ruined him because we never played to his strengths. The reality is he has had as many chances that any player gets at any club in the world to prove his worth. It's over, and probably was when he didn't score that penalty at Elland Road. I'd advise all strong advocates of Rhodes to move on and admit it's not worked for him and it won't.

Guest Jack the Hat
11 hours ago, Carbone said:

I think we've both said before - never has one of our players continued to be defended like this who has failed so much for us.

I can only think the reason why some fans bizarrely think 'he will come good' still is because a lot of us hoped for years that he'd sign for us, that was a dream and it finally become a reality, but that reality has been an absolute disaster, and some fans just don't want to admit it hasn't worked. Sometimes it's easier for some to blindly believe than face reality (see those still advocating Brexit).

If Rhodes played every game for the rest of the season and scored 4 goals, fans like Jack The Hat would say we'd already ruined him because we never played to his strengths. The reality is he has had as many chances that any player gets at any club in the world to prove his worth. It's over, and probably was when he didn't score that penalty at Elland Road. I'd advise all strong advocates of Rhodes to move on and admit it's not worked for him and it won't.

Or you could try reading my posts rather than assuming you know how I think. I have said NONE of the above. I have said that his transfer has been a disaster for both parties. I don’t think we have ruined him or not played to his strengths. I think he is a confidence player who is weak mentally. All I have said in this post- numerous times - if you can be bothered to read them rather than cherry pick the aspects which suit your point whilst adding a few incorrect one for some reason is this.....

jordan Rhodes should be starting NOW as I believe him and Windass are the best pairing up front. Kachunga’s appearances so far have not convinced me otherwise.

I am not saying he should play because he is Jordan Rhodes, I am saying he should play because- whether you like it or not- he is our best option.

It seems you don’t want to play him because of who he is, which is ironic as you are doing what you are incorrectly accusing me of. And you mention a penalty he missed a few years back . Get a grip. Please read my posts before telling me what I think. The sooner Rhodes leaves the better for all concerned but he should play until we sign a replacement.

17 minutes ago, Jack the Hat said:

Or you could try reading my posts rather than assuming you know how I think. I have said NONE of the above. I have said that his transfer has been a disaster for both parties. I don’t think we have ruined him or not played to his strengths. I think he is a confidence player who is weak mentally. All I have said in this post- numerous times - if you can be bothered to read them rather than cherry pick the aspects which suit your point whilst adding a few incorrect one for some reason is this.....

jordan Rhodes should be starting NOW as I believe him and Windass are the best pairing up front. Kachunga’s appearances so far have not convinced me otherwise.

I am not saying he should play because he is Jordan Rhodes, I am saying he should play because- whether you like it or not- he is our best option.

It seems you don’t want to play him because of who he is, which is ironic as you are doing what you are incorrectly accusing me of. And you mention a penalty he missed a few years back . Get a grip. Please read my posts before telling me what I think. The sooner Rhodes leaves the better for all concerned but he should play until we sign a replacement.

Your original post literally said he’d score 20 goals this season if he was given a run in the team, and you’ve talked up his 100+ championship goals, the massive majority were over 5 years ago, I’m sorry but that is saying he should just play for us because he is Jordan Rhodes, so I have read your posts thanks, you might have moved onto well we he should leave, but we should start him now, which is a strange thing for you to want us to sell a player who you are so confident is capable of 20 goals. 

You’re obviously a fan of his, which is fine, immediately revealed by your 20 goal a season if he had a run in the team comment, but I was trying to highlight to you he’s finished here, and that’s what the evidence suggests to us, saying he’d get 20 goals a season is just bizarre. And like others have said, I wonder what those 6 other managers couldn’t see that you can? Surely they’d have kept playing Mr 20 goals a season?

If Monk sees Kachunga as someone who will play for us for 3-4 seasons and wants Rhodes to leave now, he’s quite right to persist with Kachunga.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Carbone said:

Your original post literally said he’d score 20 goals this season if he was given a run in the team, and you’ve talked up his 100+ championship goals, the massive majority were over 5 years ago, I’m sorry but that is saying he should just play for us because he is Jordan Rhodes, so I have read your posts thanks, you might have moved onto well we he should leave, but we should start him now, which is a strange thing for you to want us to sell a player who you are so confident is capable of 20 goals. 

You’re obviously a fan of his, which is fine, immediately revealed by your 20 goal a season if he had a run in the team comment, but I was trying to highlight to you he’s finished here, and that’s what the evidence suggests to us, saying he’d get 20 goals a season is just bizarre. And like others have said, I wonder what those 6 other managers couldn’t see that you can? Surely they’d have kept playing Mr 20 goals a season?

If Monk sees Kachunga as someone who will play for us for 3-4 seasons and wants Rhodes to leave now, he’s quite right to persist with Kachunga.

6 consecutive managers, who have worked with him a daily basis.

All with similar outcomes. 
This is not rocket science.

• Like 1

Guest Jack the Hat
On 30/09/2020 at 12:38, Carbone said:

Even if Rhodes is more likely to score between now and when he leaves. Great idea.

40 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Rhodes scores against Cardiff.

Does ok against Watford.

Is then dropped against Bristol. 

Quite simply he will never find form for us if he doesn’t have a run of games. We were unbeaten with him and a Windass up top and for some reason Monk decides to change it.

Yes, also two clean sheets so he swaps the defence round.

45 minutes ago, S1Owl said:

Paterson has a crap scoring record so i'd play Rhodes

Rhodes' entire Wednesday career  43+35 appearances, 14 goals,

Patterson's last 2 seasons               44+27 appearances, 11 goals.

Not far short of identical. Difference is of course one of them has been played all over the field.