Rhodes dropped

Guest Jack the Hat

Guest Jack the Hat
1 hour ago, sherlyegg said:

Had Rhodes 1st goal scorer,

..on saturday night after a dose of Merlot admittedly.

Never entered my head he would be dropped, at very least expected him to play 1st half.

Monk's fooookin nuts.

lol

You’re nuts drinking merlot in the first place. Merlot is more of a workhorse grape to be blended with a superior grape such as cab sav or Shiraz. If you are going blended you can’t really beat the 19 crimes reds for value for money. Regarding Rhodes I nearly stuck 50 quid on him at 80-1 at the beginning of the season but the reason I didn’t was I was worried about Monks manic team selections.

Guest Jack the Hat
6 minutes ago, Jack the Hat said:s I nearly stuck 50 quid on him at 80-1 at the beginning of the season but the reason I didn’t was I was worried about Monks manic team selections.

2 hours ago, Jack the Hat said:

You’re nuts drinking merlot in the first place. Merlot is more of a workhorse grape to be blended with a superior grape such as cab sav or Shiraz. If you are going blended you can’t really beat the 19 crimes reds for value for money. Regarding Rhodes I nearly stuck 50 quid on him at 80-1 at the beginning of the season but the reason I didn’t was I was worried about Monks manic team selections.

Madam Shiraz always makes me dizzy..she's like battery acid but a bit more sour..

Try Valdieviso, from Chile...bollloxe to the French...

Monk ought to buy a vinyard..but when making wine, he'd leave out the twattting grapes.

WTF:

• Haha 1

Guest Jack the Hat
1 hour ago, sherlyegg said:

Madam Shiraz always makes me dizzy..she's like battery acid but a bit more sour..

Monk ought to buy a vinyard..but when making wine, he'd leave out the twattting grapes.

WTF:

I’ll try that thanks!! Only bad Shiraz is like battery acid and it does have to breath a bit

Edited by Jack the Hat

Guest Jack the Hat
17 minutes ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

Don't think he was "dropped" to be honest.

Rotated is the word I would use, it made sense to go with two runners in behind Bristol City's back three and in fairness if we'd taken our chances in the first half it would have looked an excellent decision.

If we’d have had strikers on the pitch we may have taken our chances. That’s the whole point !!

4 minutes ago, Jack the Hat said:

If we’d have had strikers on the pitch we may have taken our chances. That’s the whole point !!

We did, Windass and Kachunga.

Don't get me wrong I like Rhodes and probably would have started him but I can understand what Monk's thinking was.

Things will look different when we bring in a target man.

Guest Jack the Hat
Just now, TomtheOwl95 said:

We did, Windass and Kachunga.

Don't get me wrong I like Rhodes and probably would have started him but I can understand what Monk's thinking was.

Things will look different when we bring in a target man.

Is Kachunga a striker? 

Guest Jack the Hat
Just now, TomtheOwl95 said:

That was where was playing on Sunday.

Is it where he's suited, no not in my opinion but we don't play with wingers.

So why not bang a 100 goal striker up front then?

2 minutes ago, Jack the Hat said:

So why not bang a 100 goal striker up front then?

As I said, against a strong back three I think Monk wanted the runners to get in behind. Rhodes as hard as he works is a box player, it's not his strength (although I think he's better at it that most think he is). Windass and Kachunga give you that ability to get behind the back three and stretch them.

Must admit, I didn’t understand the need to change anything from a starting 11 that had taken points from the previous two games. This is what worries me about Monk, he seems to change things unnecessarily and we lose momentum and form so he changes the team again and things get worse. Having said that he sees the players train so will have had his reasons.

Note to self: must stay positive a bit longer

Guest Jack the Hat
7 hours ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

As I said, against a strong back three I think Monk wanted the runners to get in behind. Rhodes as hard as he works is a box player, it's not his strength (although I think he's better at it that most think he is). Windass and Kachunga give you that ability to get behind the back three and stretch them.

We should have signed usain bolt when we had the chance. He could have got around the back and not scored as well.

14 hours ago, Jack the Hat said:

I do quite like the 19 Crimes red, although it veers a little close to jammy for my ideal tastes. Funnily enough I find their white (admittedly white is much less my flavour anyway) is more or less undrinkable - so heavily oaked it tastes almost synthetic, like a wine-flavoured cordial that someone forgot to dilute.

12 hours ago, sherlyegg said:

WTF:

I like South American reds - particularly Argentinian Malbecs - but I do tend to aim for EU producers where I can, as they have lower allowances on % of sulphites and tannins IIRC. Less chance of a really banging head with native EU producers if you know you’ll be having a few.

For robust flavours and lower acidity I can recommend Bardolino (Superiore if you like a deeper flavour), or Montepulciano d’Abruzzo for a really deep colour and spicy notes without the sharpness.

Rhodes to hit ok form after a couple of injury dropouts elsewhere and end up on 14 for the season.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1