Jump to content

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Jack the Hat said:

Second highest championship scorer and our only striker apart from Windass ( who I am not convinced is a number 9)  whom he seems to compliment and he gets dropped and brought on too late to make an impact. Ridiculous decision by Monk. Despite his poor form for us is still averaging almost 1 in 5 which is what Zahore got last season in a promotion side and we want to spaff 25k a week on him . Rhodes needs a run and if he gets it will bag 20. Kachunga is OK but his scoring record is bobbins.

And so it starts, making unnecessary changes and breaking up an unbeaten team.

Why to go Monk.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jack the Hat said:

His replacement Kachunga laboured around the pitch today and midweek.

question.

Who in wednesdays squad is capable of scoring a hat trick the quality of which Rhodes scored against Forest less that 12 months ago?

who was the last wednesday player before Rhodes to get a hat trick?

rhodes has been a disappointment since he came here, but who in our squad is more likely to score more than him? 
Windass has to play either way because of his energy but who is this imaginary squad player who will score more than Rhodes. Don’t insult me by saying either Kachunga or reach 

who is this mythical beast?

We haven’t got a striker who can score on a regular basis , who we can rely upon to get us a goal and that includes Rhodes , I just don’t see why you think he’s the answer , you have seen his  performances  haven’t you ? we are still searching for a striker to take us forward , Hopefully we get one soon . 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, yeadonowl said:

But why bring on Reach when we needed a goal??

 

He isn’t even a centre forward 

Because Rhodes has scored only 9 goals in 4 seasons and is little more than a passenger if he’s not scoring. The sad truth about Rhodes is that he’s yesterday’s man as illustrated by a terribly out of form Reach is being selected as a sub before him in today’s game. 
 

Carvalhal, Luhukay, Bullen (twice), Bruce and now Monk haven’t played Rhodes as their first choice forward and have brought in others to start ahead of him. That tells you everything. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

We haven’t got a striker who can score on a regular basis , who we can rely upon to get us a goal and that includes Rhodes , I just don’t see why you think he’s the answer , you have seen his  performances  haven’t you ? we are still searching for a striker to take us forward , Hopefully we get one soon . 

I am talking about today. Now. Why not play him today? Who is a better striker than him in the squad today? 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Whatever anyone’s opinion is on Rhodes over the last 3 seasons. He did not deserve to be dropped following on from Cardiff and Watford. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, poite said:

Brian Laws answered why. 

 

Bristol City have both of their main CBs injured and were using a make-shift defence which was slow. 

 

Monk went went for as much pace up front as he could to take advantage. 

 

Rhodes will be back

 

Worked a treat! 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

We haven’t given any striker a run in the team for years (often due to injury to be fair) but when we have - for example Fletcher last year and Nuhiu under Jos, those strikers have built up form and matched it with goals. Play Rhodes as a striker from the start for 10 games in a row (Without the fear of being dragged off after an hour) and you’d get 4 or 5 goals.

 

It’s true of many strikers these days - they don’t play a normal game as they know they’ll be subbed after an hour. Destroys confidence.

 

Imagine Iorfa if he knew he was getting hooked after an hour...he wouldn’t play his normal game.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Bulgaria
2 hours ago, poite said:

Brian Laws answered why. 

 

Bristol City have both of their main CBs injured and were using a make-shift defence which was slow. 

 

Monk went went for as much pace up front as he could to take advantage. 

 

Rhodes will be back

Brian Laws sounded like he was on morphine today. Lost count of the amount of times he just warbled through a sentence and didn't even finish what he was saying. Either that or he was suffering with a massive hangover.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bulgaria said:

Brian Laws sounded like he was on morphine today. Lost count of the amount of times he just warbled through a sentence and didn't even finish what he was saying. Either that or he was suffering with a massive hangover.


“good covering from Lewanga”

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, 0114 said:

Same with Penney. We picked up 4 points from Cardiff and Watford and one player is dropped too the bench and the other not even in the 18. 
 

Kachunga and Palmer both given starts after playing in a defeat to Fulham. 

 

Most feel both were among the poorest performers in that game too.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, shandypants said:

Because Rhodes has scored only 9 goals in 4 seasons and is little more than a passenger if he’s not scoring. The sad truth about Rhodes is that he’s yesterday’s man as illustrated by a terribly out of form Reach is being selected as a sub before him in today’s game. 
 

Carvalhal, Luhukay, Bullen (twice), Bruce and now Monk haven’t played Rhodes as their first choice forward and have brought in others to start ahead of him. That tells you everything. 


You can have whatever opinion of Rhodes and that’s fair enough. However why do you keep saying he’s scored 9 in 4 seasons? That’s simply a lie so you can try to back up your point.

 

League goals 

 

2016/17 - 3 goals

2017/18 - 5 goals

2018/19 - 6 goals

2019/20 - 3 goals 

 

Not good, but that’s 17 goals (+1 this season). It’s not 9 league goals.

 

He’s also scored 5 league cup goals during that time.

 

 

 

 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, jonesy87shef said:


You can have whatever opinion of Rhodes and that’s fair enough. However why do you keep saying he’s scored 9 in 4 seasons? That’s simply a lie so you can try to back up your point.

 

League goals 

 

2016/17 - 3 goals

2017/18 - 5 goals

2018/19 - 6 goals

2019/20 - 3 goals 

 

Not good, but that’s 17 goals (+1 this season). It’s not 9 league goals.

 

He’s also scored 5 league cup goals during that time.

 

 

 

 

Not a lie but a honest mistake. Nine league goals in three seasons according to soccerbase - the place from which I took my stats. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Jack the Hat said:

Second highest championship scorer and our only striker apart from Windass ( who I am not convinced is a number 9)  whom he seems to compliment and he gets dropped and brought on too late to make an impact. Ridiculous decision by Monk. Despite his poor form for us is still averaging almost 1 in 5 which is what Zahore got last season in a promotion side and we want to spaff 25k a week on him . Rhodes needs a run and if he gets it will bag 20. Kachunga is OK but his scoring record is bobbins.

Strong stuff?

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, alanharper said:

Here we go again with the "Rhodes just needs a run in the team and he'll score 20" cliché...

He would have had to start running Friday these days,to get in a goalmouth scramble

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...