Van Aken

3 minutes ago, parajack said:

Mentally? in your view?or did the defence/midfield start flapping and choosing/playing the wrong ball? that was the impression given when listening? all about opinions obviously..

The defence were under more pressure, it looked. BB was often needed in the left back position so couldn't press along with Luongo. Izzy didn't have the best of games and looked tired. It happens we move on.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Triple O said:

That was a rhetorical question (a question not requiring an answer) put to you as you stated "gave away a corner" to blame him for the passage of play leading to their second goal when that was not the case as he was "just doing his job"

Hope this clears it up for you now

Well that was you putting your interpretation on something i said,...we see things differently thats all,& thats footie...dare say we will see some more before the season out.No harm no foul..

50 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

Not sure he needs to wobble his head on this occasion. JVA conceded one foul all game, less fouls than any other outfield player other than Brown.

Facts > Feelings! 

You're not allowed to put 'facts' on here - you have to single out certain players and ignore the failings of favourites.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, FreshOwl said:

Truly appalling performance 

That collision into Bannan in the last 10 minutes summed him up, completely baffling positioning all match 

Bannan was to blame for that you could here Joost call for it on the audio yet Bannan still went for it.

Edited by s6 owl
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Yet another biased thread based off of preconceptions.

I remember after our first game the JvA thread, people were going on about him giving away "loads of pointless free kicks". I ask how this can be when he gave away two free kicks all game, both of which were in the first half in the space of about 10 minutes... no response from the usual boo-boys. 

Today, yet another thread lamenting him "giving away needless free kicks"... and it turns out that he committed one foul all game.

People are so determined to have a narrative that facts just don't matter to them any more. By all means, criticise a player for their poor performances, but don't literally resort to making stuff up to fit your pre-conceived narrative. It's childish at best and dishonest at worst. 

What is the obsession with the 'fouls' stats? I listened to the game,so i am at a disadvantage,but there are other factors:(he wasnt the worst culprit by the sounds of it,that accolade would go to lee's or Bannan)

Choosing the wrong pass,/wrong ball? not being urgent enough in the tackle? definitely sounded like VA didnt clear the ball  quickly enough,and as a consequence gave away a corner,which led to a goal...and so on.....

5 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Wait... are you basing this on radio commentary... did you see it with your eyes on a screen?

Hanging offence? listening on the radio? Oh soz   i never realized  try reading & following the thread  I have already noted the limitations of such and asked others who did watch if they saw it the same....some do,some dont....which hopefully will save a further tedious exchange with you

By the way,is there a way to 'see it' with my ears? on screen?  if there was a prize for a stupid Q you would have won it....

Edited by parajack

2 minutes ago, parajack said:

Hanging offence? listening on the radio? Oh soz   i never realized  try reading & following the thread  I have already noted the limitations of such and asked others who did watch if they saw it the same....some do,some dont....which hopefully will save a further tedious exchange with you

You do you mate.

You’re right on this one

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, parajack said:

By the way,is there a way to 'see it' with my ears? on screen?  if there was a prize for a stupid Q you would have won it....

F@cking nora, I ask for clarity if you've seen it or not and you get ever so defensive... calm down... lol 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

F@cking nora, I ask for clarity if you've seen it or not and you get ever so defensive... calm down... lol 

Got your fingers burned didnt you...?.ha ha  dont worry your not the first...i dont think anyone would read your post as you describe,but never mind,good effort....better than Wednesdays defence anyway....give Monk a ring if you are free next Sat lol

31 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

100% of his fouls were unnecessary.

Better?

Fixed it for you. He only committed one foul, no need for the plural of the word foul. He like Iorfa has a tendency to get too tight and allow the forward to go down on contact, weirdly in this game JVA gave the foul away in their half, allowing us to reset. Iorfas fouls (very similar offenses of going through back of player) were in more dangerous positions. No thread slating him hough, only threads suggesting he's the glue that holds the ack three together and that he's worth 15m+.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

"Needless freekicks"

Gave away 1 foul all game

😅😅😅😅😅😅😅

Looking at highlights, partly at fault for first goal but hed marking 2 players when balls headed across box, Lees or anyone else nowhere to be seen,  2nd it's from right hand side where the Mercurial Iorfa plays???

See where he is after 10 games. 1 bad game doesnt define the lads season .. well unless you're a Wednesday fan

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Costello 77 said:

If ever there was a glaringly obvious case of collective failure it was today.

Pointless picking one out to vent on.

This 100 %

I've been guilty of it myself but having been out and simmered down and thought about it,  it really was a poor performance all round in the 2nd half. No-one can really come out of it with praise, various players giving away needless, stupid free kicks in both halves. 

Not taking our chances, players running into each other, and a collective of feeling a bit sorry for theirselves. 

I genuinely don't know why we dropped Penny though.

• Like 1

Thought JVA did okay overall. I've no complaints about his performance. Think we struggled due to a lack of phyisicality up top, and our midfield struggled to break their momentum second half as pressure started to build. We needed more from Brown today. He didn't really get into the game.