Team news

I’m surprised Palmer starts after the other night. You’d have thought if there was going to be a change at wing-back then Odubajo staked the better claim?

He’s done exactly what I expected with Rhodes. Gives him a couple of starts then bang on the bench. Regardless of what Monk says in public, I think it’s pretty obvious he doesn’t rate him?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Themagiccap said:

A right footer on the left means we lack some balance but a strong team for our squad.

striker reinforcement a must as we all know

How is Harris - Palmer a better WB pair than Reach - Harris?

It plain baffles me. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jim said:

I’m surprised Palmer starts after the other night. You’d have thought if there was going to be a change at wing-back then Odubajo staked the better claim?

He’s done exactly what I expected with Rhodes. Gives him a couple of starts then bang on the bench. Regardless of what Monk says in public, I think it’s pretty obvious he doesn’t rate him?

For me he is just going for pace today, in and behind not in the air! I think the reason for Palmer is he has better delivery than Odubajo. 

So the old “ give Jordan Rhodes a run in the first team and he’ll start scoring for fun “ strategy is not going to be tested then.

I’m not disagreeing with Monk though, JR just never seems to grasp the opportunity, with or without the service.

And as for bringing him on as an impact sub... well he does bug•er all when that happens either.

There you go, after this post he’s nailed on for a late brace.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, megsonstheman said:

Palmer was sheite the other night, and has been for the majority of his career at hillsborough. Penney and odjob should both be in front of him. Obviously, Penney has said/done something to p--s monk off a la westwood, hutch etc.

Yet off the top of my head 7 managers (including Scotland) consistently pick him.

Either they are clueless or you are.

I'll go with the latter.

Edited by Beholder
  • Like 4