Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Play him at LWB ( let’s be honest, we have no better alternatives right now) and offer him a new contract.   I think he can have an important part to play this season, and we might be in with a chance of getting a decent fee rather than lose him for nothing.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

We sell him and then he'll score a couple a d the next thing we'll have the usual numpties on here sayong that we should never have sold him / manager couldnt get the best out of him / uts because tickets are too expensive... basically anything to have a dig at the club

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

 


REYT


Why don’t you just explain why we should get rid of Reach? I have enjoyed (agreed) with your post about Monk and the positive vibes within the squad/club. 

 

Then you post this nonsense? 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, torryowl said:

i'd be surprised if he was ....on a good contract here and can walk away for free next summer .


Can’t be enjoying his football at the moment the way he’s playing. Already had one torrid season, why waste another? He’ll be in worse a position to get good terms elsewhere after two crap seasons on the trot.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Who wants him?

This^^

Not even like we can gift him to a theatre to take on the part of Bambi on Ice for panto season! 

Needs a good slap - needs a career chat irrespective of wherever his future lays. Needs to know how the next 5-10 years are in his hands and if he continues being a Grade-A fanny, then he will fail to realise anything of his remaining potential.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

I'd take 2m for him

You would be lucky to get that for him. He must be on a decent wedge as well. Not an attractive proposition for a buying club.

 

I really don't know what's gone wrong with him, he has had spells where he's been a good player consistently but he's certainly been poor since the start of last season. Maybe he just needs a fresh start somewhere. Shame because he's got a great engine and rarely gets injured.

 

As has been said he doesn't seem to fit our system now and the idea of him being a forward is just nonsense. He's never going to put his neck on the line like strikers need to do from time to time. He'd get bullied by big centre halves.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, prowl said:

You would be lucky to get that for him. He must be on a decent wedge as well. Not an attractive proposition for a buying club.

 

I really don't know what's gone wrong with him, he has had spells where he's been a good player consistently but he's certainly been poor since the start of last season. Maybe he just needs a fresh start somewhere. Shame because he's got a great engine and rarely gets injured.

 

As has been said he doesn't seem to fit our system now and the idea of him being a forward is just nonsense. He's never going to put his neck on the line like strikers need to do from time to time. He'd get bullied by big centre halves.

He's just a flake

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

He's been here how long now?? 

Played how many games? 

We still don't seem to know his best position. 

 

The usual excuse is he's been shunted all over the place in different positions. 

 

We've tried him for a good half a dozen games in a row in most of those positions. 

 

As Carlos & jos found out he's not a striker, both tried him there. He just dosent seem to have the attitude that means he's going to go out there and make that position his own. 

 

Bruce gave him a good run out on the wing, but as very often he flattered to deceive and never grabbed his chance. 

 

As for monk were not playing a system that really suits the lad, so maybe he needs to kick his agents a## and get himself a transfer sorted out becouse like a few others, some have now gone, he looks like he needs a new environment and challenge. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, wilyfox said:


Can’t be enjoying his football at the moment the way he’s playing. Already had one torrid season, why waste another? He’ll be in worse a position to get good terms elsewhere after two crap seasons on the trot.

Indeed as bad as he was last season he still contributed to more goals that Harris, how bad must Harris be that Reach playing out of position was still more productive than him.

 

Drop the useless Harris instead play Reach, in the left wing for the next 5 or 6 games and he will give us more than Harris does and unlike Harris his service into the box is a lot better.

 

Settled position in the team, a run of games and the old Adam will be back and scoring and setting up goals.

 

For though who think Harris is better - 1 assist in his last 25 games and no goals is not great a great record for any midfielder, but it may also show why our strikers are not scored many goals either. (when we had some that is)

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WalthamOwl said:

I really don’t know what has happened to him, was quality a few seasons ago, scored some amazing goals. Looks nothing like that player now. Perhaps he just needs to smash in a 30 yard special like he use to (why doesn’t he try those now)  give him some confidence. 

He’s been Monked that’s what is wrong with him.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Indeed as bad as he was last season he still contributed to more goals that Harris, how bad must Harris be that Reach playing out of position was still more productive than him.

 

Drop the useless Harris instead play Reach, in the left wing for the next 5 or 6 games and he will give us more than Harris does and unlike Harris his service into the box is a lot better.

 

Settled position in the team, a run of games and the old Adam will be back and scoring and setting up goals.

 

For though who think Harris is better - 1 assist in his last 25 games and no goals is not great a great record for any midfielder, but it may also show why our strikers are not scored many goals either. (when we had some that is)

Reach is not going to go back to that sort of form,how long now has he been struggling? how many seasons?...its not going to happen,

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Is he our Callum Paterson? Harris is accused of not using Paterson right whilst Monk doesn’t know how to use Reach.

 

LWB would be his best position, competing with Penney. IMO

 

But his contract is up soon and we can’t be letting him go for free next summer 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, SwellOwl said:


Why don’t you just explain why we should get rid of Reach? I have enjoyed (agreed) with your post about Monk and the positive vibes within the squad/club. 

 

Then you post this nonsense? 


 

It’s not against positive vibes to suggest we offload Reach who no longer has any position within the team, and replace him with someone that will.

 

It would move one unhappy displaced player out and bring in someone to genuinely challenge for a starting place

 


 


Owlstalk Shop

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Random OP albeit following a trend.

 

I don't disagree with notion of letting him go as he'll leave for free next season anyway. Doesn't fit our system and will no doubt regress further as the season progresses and he's reduced to a bit part playing out of position.

 

Shame, because for a season or two he was our best player.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...