10 hours ago, daztheowl said:

That was the one. Went down with high expectations, only for the hopes to be dashed 

Lads were up to their usual exploits though, one got arrested for nicking the matchball. Some tried and failed to turn over a Rolls Royce in Bournemouth, so one defecated on the windscreen (sick lad). 200 turned up for the hotel breakfast, when only 10 or so were booked in. One lad thrown in the sea at Poole Harbour. 

And that was a tame weekend compared. 

It was a midweek game 

34 minutes ago, daztheowl said:

I could be wrong then. I just remember it was an all ticket match, daytime kick off and we lost heavily. Probably a different season knowing my memory.

Prob not at Southampton then, apart from that cup replay we had a fantastic record against them in the 80s and 90s. Didn't lose at their place in the league until 1999. 

• Thanks 1

Nah, was definitely Southampton. My memory is sozzled, must have been a league match I'm thinking of then. 

17 minutes ago, alanharper said:

Prob not at Southampton then, apart from that cup replay we had a fantastic record against them in the 80s and 90s. Didn't lose at their place in the league until 1999. 

16 hours ago, matt68owls said:

The 2-1 win at Maine road was another good day out with Varadi scoring twice in the 2-1 win, we were sat in the stands opposite where the Wednesday fans were stood, it was really odd at the away end was half enpty at the start of the game, they all started pouring in just before half time. a bit hairy leaving the ground though.

We caught inter city owl coaches and took for ever getting over the Pennines - think it was due to so many Wednesdayites travelling! Seem to remember coaches then parked a long way away so had to leg it into the ground, and even then were about 20 mins late or more, and already 1-0 up. By end of the match we were absolutely rammed in, par the course for a lot of our away games that season (also one of my fave seasons!)

• Like 1
  • Love 2