No, it's not a thread about a distopian future where you can't buy toilet rolls or leave the house.

lol

It's Wednesday, back from the abyss. Promotion Winners 1984

Imagine the scenes when we finally achieve promotion. What were the scenes like at Hillsborough back in 1984?

I don't remember a great deal about it other than listening on the radio and watching clips on the telly and picking this piece of memorabilia from the old club shop, next to the south stand and the kop.

Back then, just like today, Liverpool and Man Utd seemed untouchable, in a different League. And Chelsea..., they won promotion with us that year.

20200926_111520.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

excellent season, a hard working side who never gave up. I saw Wednesday score 6 for the first time v Swansea, 2 excellent results v Newcastle, a good cup run ended by Liverpool but we threw the title away in the last 3 games.

as for Liverpool and Man Utd being untouchable, we won 2-0 at Anfield and 2-1 at Old Trafford the following season

• Like 7
  • Love 1

13 minutes ago, matt68owls said:

excellent season, a hard working side who never gave up. I saw Wednesday score 6 for the first time v Swansea, 2 excellent results v Newcastle, a good cup run ended by Liverpool but we threw the title away in the last 3 games.

as for Liverpool and Man Utd being untouchable, we won 2-0 at Anfield and 2-1 at Old Trafford the following season

Seemed untouchable from Divsion Two, but once we returned to the top flight, they were'nt and that continued with those fixtures well into the 90s

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, matt68owls said:

45 minutes ago, matt68owls said:

Wasn't it Southampton that dumped us out of the cup. 

2 hours ago, mildatheart67 said:

Was at Cardiff,that's a long day out.

The Man City game at Maine road was awesome

Big big crowds too.

42,000 at City

49,000 at Hillsboro liverpool in cup

40,000 v Southampton in cup at Hillsboro

41000 SW v Newcastle too.

We only took 4 points from last 3 games, which cost us the championship.

We haven't won any league titles since 1959.