Ashton Gate tomorrow...

What’s the general feeling amongst  you guys? .........

City got stuffed 0-3 against a strong Villa side in the Carabao cup midweek and were outplayed in every department.

New head coach Dean Holden played a mixture of experienced and younger players and came unstuck. Said post match that ‘it’s how we react to a defeat that matters’..........

I imagine he’ll play the strongest available team tomorrow, after all it’s the Championship games that really matter.

Edited by Alan Robinson
  • Like 1

Expecting a very tight game probably a draw, if we should go behind then we will struggle to get anything out of the game, should we take the lead, I can't see us losing.

In normal circumstances I'd be happy with an away draw but after last week's draw, we really could do with winning.

Was hoping that we would have a new forward in by now to lead the line, but it looks like we are going to make do and mend again.

If we are serious about getting a forward in, then if I was DC I would be asking serious questions of my recruiting team why this hasn't been achieved by now.

It's not good enough at this stage to have key positions not sorted out. 

Reasonable progress but should be doing so much better. 

• Like 3

City have strengthen under Holden. Mawson on a season loan from Fulham, Journeyman Chris Martin from Derby both add experience to the squad as does Nakhi Wells signed from QPR. City have an academy graduate Antoine Semenyo who is looking sharp who scored his debut goal against Exeter in the cup recently - not sure he’ll start tho.

Midfield is a worry tho especially with BB coming to town...........:wub:

Obviously I’m hoping for three points  but it’s a tough game to call.

8 minutes ago, Alan Robinson said:

City have strengthen under Holden. Mawson on a season loan from Fulham, Journeyman Chris Martin from Derby both add experience to the squad as does Nakhi Wells signed from QPR. City have an academy graduate Antoine Semenyo who is looking sharp who scored his debut goal against Exeter in the cup recently - not sure he’ll start tho.

Midfield is a worry tho especially with BB coming to town...........:wub:

Obviously I’m hoping for three points  but it’s a tough game to call.

You need to worry about Izzy Brown as well, if he can maintain his standards for a full game then he will have the key to most teams defences, its just getting him to constantly maintain that high level.   Starts off well but his influence fades as the game progresses.  But definitely a new creative danger man in our midfield.  

Edited by Inspector Lestrade
  • Like 1

Just now, Inspector Lestrade said:

You need to worry about Izzy Brown as well, if can maintain his standards for a full game then he will have the key to most teams defences, its just getting him to constantly maintain that high level.   Starts off well but his influence fades as the game progresses.  But definitely a new creative danger man in our midfield.  

Oh dear......didn’t really want to know that............:mellow:

BB is my favourite midfielder in the Championship and I’d love to see him in a City shirt!. it’s a real shame none of us will be at AG to see him play. Bloody Covid..........:angry:

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Was hoping that we would have a new forward in by now to lead the line, but it looks like we are going to make do and mend again.

This... GM sounded like it would be a done deal by now (the weekend). But still no help up front. The whole team is counting on a new fwd to free them up all to attack. More mending. 0-2 Wed. UTO. 

• Like 1

Just now, Alan Robinson said:

Oh dear......didn’t really want to know that............:mellow:

BB is my favourite midfielder in the Championship and I’d love to see him in a City shirt!. it’s a real shame none of us will be at AG to see him play. Bloody Covid..........:angry:

You should see some of the threads about BB on here sometimes un smegging believable. 

3 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

Hopefully BC study the table & expect us to be pants. 
Beware. We’re average!

Sneak a 1-0 win. 
Conceded our first goals midweek against  a strong Fulham side & our second string. 
Main men back tomorrow.

That won’t happen. Holden is no clown, he’ll know as we all do about the 10 point deficit giving the table a false look.

• Thanks 1