If we can rinse someone for £10mill plus then obviously we’ve got to do it.

But if he’s leaving for a fair price, which would arguably be £3-5mill, then considering our circumstances I’d tell them to come back in January if we’re  safe. 

I’m not saying he’s the difference between staying up or not, but the risk of losing our first choice centre back whilst we’re on minus points really needs to be an offer that’s too good to be true. 

4 hours ago, S63 Owl said:

£8-10m with add ons etc will be good business in my opinion. 

Iorfa has been a great player for us at a bargain price but our mistake in the past has been not listening to offers for our players and then seeing them leave for nothing or their value drops. 

Sell Iorfa to help balance books and reinvest into the team with a few more signings - this is the model we should use. 

Nowhere near enough. 18-24 mill 20% sell on. 

Just now, meggoisgod said:

10 mill and I would sell we could completely rebuild with that money

Maybe that's why we signed Dunkley

Actually if we can net 5 mill for him I'd sell..he's very good but not irreplaceable 

Maybe we can do a a player + £10m thingy?.

Either way, dont forget that Iorfa was not a regular player when we brought him here and did not have a load of experience, so, let's do some sort of deal and promote Shaw.

Selling Iorfa while we are 8 points behind the pack with 2 weeks left of the window is suicide imo no matter the price 

I'd we are looking close to safe in January 

Sell if they come back in again 

As for more 10 million 

I wouldn't listen to offers under 15 million plus add ons 

5 hours ago, Mr Farrell said:

We failed to take good offers for Lees, Foriestieri, Reach etc etc previously.

All ended up being worth nothing except an expensive drain on our wages.

Hopefully DC has finally learned something.

We've always done it. Any era, any player.

Even back in the 70's we were supposedly offered 100k for David Sunley which we turned down. 2 seasons later we let him go to Hull for 7.5k.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, 109Waddle said:

If we sell him, there has to be a plan in place, and targets already identified, to quickly replace. That’s the bit i worry about. We can’t afford to scout the entire globe for a CB again and pay over the top for a defender who isn’t ready to go straight in.

Surely dunkley is the replacement 

44 minutes ago, Sticky Micky said:

Selling Iorfa while we are 8 points behind the pack with 2 weeks left of the window is suicide imo no matter the price 

I'd we are looking close to safe in January 

Sell if they come back in again 

As for more 10 million 

I wouldn't listen to offers under 15 million plus add ons 

Unless we have a replacement already lined up?

I'd rather keep him this year if he has another good season his stock will only go up further but the fact is fans need to come to terms with that he may get sold at the end of this season if he has another good run

3 hours ago, Holmowl said:

There’s the dilemma.

Our players of the season were Fletcher, Fox, Murphy and Iorfa......spot the trend?

Have we got to put a five year limit on it ?

Boughera, Thome, Brunt. Whelan , Antonio, DeCanio Chapman. Bannister, Sterland, Carlton, there’s loads more . The decades may differ but the principle are the same.

1 minute ago, stocksyuto said:

I'd rather keep him this year if he has another good season his stock will only go up further but the fact is fans need to come to terms with that he may get sold at the end of this season if he has another good run

If he has a bad season we’ll get nowt for him. Been there done that. Exactly the reason we’re in this situation.

Reach, Lees and Forestieri should have all been sold for substantial profit.

• Like 2

It would be classic DC to finally understand the principles of selling for profit at the worst possible time.

That being said, if the money was right and on the proviso that any well run club should have a list of replacement targets for every player/position in our squad then I'd be ok with it.

Edited by Morepork
  • Like 1
21 minutes ago, stocksyuto said:

He’ll only have a year left on his contract at that point so we’d probably get more for him this summer. Either sell him if a huge offer comes in or extend his contract with a view to selling him next summer

• Like 1