Callum Paterson

Cardiff fans on hearing Paterson potentially moving to us...

"Gutted".

"I really don’t want Paterson to go I love him! I understand the reasons though he seems to be 3rd choice at the minute so with money tight it makes sense. Hope we don’t give him away though as he’s a very useful player"

"Paterson is continually played out of position. He gives 110% for City, a battler, leader , passionate. I hope we get some good money for him, but I get the feeling City are happy to save on the wages".

"always loved patters work ethic and was top scorer one season i just hope we bring in better otherwise whats the point."

"Why? If there was an option out there of another Patterson type I’d take it! Never let the first team down ever. Top scorer from midfield with half a season after bad leg injury. Very young and committed. I’m not keen on losing a passionate squad player we can depend on and has goals in them and defensive minded. Id rather have Monk as a manager too truth be told!"

"i agree he was' nt the most skillfull but was always there at the right time and that silly gig he did after scoring and a silly effort of a forward roll he was agreat advert for togetherness as a team with some fun and laughter but that was when we where on the up promotion with warnock in charge looking to a season in the prem so probably looking back with rose tinted glasses to a better time now it just seems understandbly we are just trying to keep our heads above the water and stripping back to bare bones."

"I think we all love patterson, hes a blood and guts player and chips in with goals. But if we could pick up a decent fee for him and get someone in that suits Harris's style better then I'd be pretty happy about that."

Edited by TheEnchanter
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, PeakOwl said:

Weren’t we after him before he signed for Cardiff?

Not played this season for them, attacking wing back, though right sided I think? Another player that can play in a number of positions though. Would definitely bring more goals. 25 years old. Only question mark is his injury record. Be a great signing if we could land him.

Att following apparently, so nailed on.

Who spesifically is "Att"? Seen that name been mentioned before.

12 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Cardiff fans on hearing Paterson potentially moving to us...

"Gutted".

"I really don’t want Paterson to go I love him! I understand the reasons though he seems to be 3rd choice at the minute so with money tight it makes sense. Hope we don’t give him away though as he’s a very useful player"

"Paterson is continually played out of position. He gives 110% for City, a battler, leader , passionate. I hope we get some good money for him, but I get the feeling City are happy to save on the wages".

"always loved patters work ethic and was top scorer one season i just hope we bring in better otherwise whats the point."

"Why? If there was an option out there of another Patterson type I’d take it! Never let the first team down ever. Top scorer from midfield with half a season after bad leg injury. Very young and committed. I’m not keen on losing a passionate squad player we can depend on and has goals in them and defensive minded. Id rather have Monk as a manager too truth be told!"

"i agree he was' nt the most skillfull but was always there at the right time and that silly gig he did after scoring and a silly effort of a forward roll he was agreat advert for togetherness as a team with some fun and laughter but that was when we where on the up promotion with warnock in charge looking to a season in the prem so probably looking back with rose tinted glasses to a better time now it just seems understandbly we are just trying to keep our heads above the water and stripping back to bare bones."

"I think we all love patterson, hes a blood and guts player and chips in with goals. But if we could pick up a decent fee for him and get someone in that suits Harris's style better then I'd be pretty happy about that."

Always loved “Patters” work rate.

Faz will love that

1 hour ago, edinburghowl said:

Please happen - I absolutely love Callum.

I’ve watched Paterson loads at Hearts, guaranteed I’ve seen him more than anyone else on here. Callum is a proper professional, a good athlete, great to have around the dressing room and the best header of a ball I’ve seen in 30+ years of watching football. He’s also decent with the ball at his feet too, he’s versatile, and he could be the perfect target man up top too. Sign him up!

Like you i've watched him from his early start at Hearts. He's very vocal, not afraid to have a go and a definate leader in the squad. He throws his body around to attack the ball, probably why he's caught a few injuries over the years and he's not afraid to try the unexpected either. He's exactly the sort of player teams hate playing against. I really hope this signing comes off.

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m hoping to be surprised by him, if he does end up here. There are plenty mentioning his attributes, hard working, vocal, puts himself about, that sort of thing, and although those are all useful attributes, a leader of the line it does not make. 

Exactly the kind of player we should be going for

Still young at 25, can play in a number of positions and from what Cardiff fans are saying he's the ultimate pro and will run through a brick wall for the team

Really starting to like the squad Monk is building. Hope he signs