Callum Paterson

17 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I don’t believe it’s as easy as some suggest, to convert yourself into a striker at this stage of his career. If Monk, and Beattie, can teach him how to think like a striker, maybe he could pull it off, but all that would take time, so we’d still require someone who knows how to lead the line. Can anyone think of a defender who has successfully transformed into a proper striker? I can’t think of anyone, but I’m sure there must have been one or two

Chris Sutton, Warhurst?, Dion Dublin.

Edited by royalowlisback
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I don’t believe it’s as easy as some suggest, to convert yourself into a striker at this stage of his career. If Monk, and Beattie, can teach him how to think like a striker, maybe he could pull it off, but all that would take time, so we’d still require someone who knows how to lead the line. Can anyone think of a defender who has successfully transformed into a proper striker? I can’t think of anyone, but I’m sure there must have been one or two

John Charles

Dion Dublin

Chris Sutton

Andy Carroll

27 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I think Warhurst has been mentioned a few times in the thread. 

He scored shlt loads in that first season.

6 minutes ago, royalowlisback said:

Chris Sutton, Warhurst?, Dion Dublin.

Was Chris Sutton a defender, I never knew that, or big Dion either. Warhurst never really was a proper striker, in my opinion anyway. Can remember talking to Mark Bright about it, and he said he didn’t think like a striker and wasn’t in the slightest bit interested in bringing others into play. The thing with Warhurst was, his pace over a few yards, and his determination to get his shot away early, no matter the angle. Can remember him scoring a few times when nobody in the ground would expect him to shoot, not least the keeper

Just now, gurujuan said:

Was Chris Sutton a defender, I never knew that, or big Dion either. Warhurst never really was a proper striker, in my opinion anyway. Can remember talking to Mark Bright about it, and he said he didn’t think like a striker and wasn’t in the slightest bit interested in bringing others into play. The thing with Warhurst was, his pace over a few yards, and his determination to get his shot away early, no matter the angle. Can remember him scoring a few times when nobody in the ground would expect him to shoot, not least the keeper

That's why I put Warhurst with a ?

But the other 2 were both centre halves before, and became 'proper' strikers.

1 hour ago, 31Dec1966 said:

That's some praise there ! I've never heard of him but if he's anywhere close to what you say, I agree, sign him up.

That’s a link below from Twitter when he was at Cardiff in the Premier League and that’s what I mean about his aerial prowess. He is a huge threat from set pieces and great at defending them too. Honestly Callum is a brilliant header of a ball and wins most 50/50s.

@OptaJoe

23 - Callum Paterson won 23 aerial duels today against Burnley - the most of any player in the @premierleague since 2003-04. Vertigo.

1 hour ago, edinburghowl said:

Please happen - I absolutely love Callum.

I’ve watched Paterson loads at Hearts, guaranteed I’ve seen him more than anyone else on here. Callum is a proper professional, a good athlete, great to have around the dressing room and the best header of a ball I’ve seen in 30+ years of watching football. He’s also decent with the ball at his feet too, he’s versatile, and he could be the perfect target man up top too. Sign him up!

Mon the Jambos.I used to be a ST holder at Tynecastle and the Arms was my local.Lived in Gorgie and not a bad assessment of Patto.He was head and shoulders the best in 2016.

• Love 1

1 minute ago, edinburghowl said:

That’s a link below from Twitter when he was at Cardiff in the Premier League and that’s what I mean about his aerial prowess. He is a huge threat from set pieces and great at defending them too. Honestly Callum is a brilliant header of a ball and wins most 50/50s.

@OptaJoe

23 - Callum Paterson won 23 aerial duels today against Burnley - the most of any player in the @premierleague since 2003-04. Vertigo.

How high does he jump for him to end up with vertigo? 🤯

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, edinburghowl said:

@OptaJoe

How much would he roughly cost us? 

From you have been saying about him during his time at Heart, he looks like he would be a good acquisition.  If the price is cheap, then it would be a no brainer.