Callum Paterson

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

Not a lot of point in saying it, if you don’t believe it

Could hugeowl be referring to 

“ Zohore is a like for like replacement for Nuhiu”

” Zohore slow off the mark takes time to get into his stride”

”Zohore - didn’t realise he was quick”

”we need to sign Zohore he’s exactly the forward I’ve been referring to strong, quick and can play off the shoulder”

if we sign Patterson instead of Zohore blah de blah

1 minute ago, Kendo Nagasaki said:

Could hugeowl be referring to 

“ Zohore is a like for like replacement for Nuhiu”

” Zohore slow off the mark takes time to get into his stride”

”Zohore - didn’t realise he was quick”

”we need to sign Zohore he’s exactly the forward I’ve been referring to strong, quick and can play off the shoulder”

if we sign Patterson instead of Zohore blah de blah

No idea what he’s referring to mate, he probably has a different view on what’s needed.

5 minutes ago, Kendo Nagasaki said:

Please read your own posts, it’s what you have said 

So which of those posts don’t describe Zohore, in your opinion. Watching those clips of him, he’s strong, deceptively quick, once he gets into his stride, and knows how to lead the line. The Nuhiu remark was tongue in cheek. He is the type of forward we need, but if the figures don’t add up, look for someone else

Guest Kagoshimaowl

I can be a miserable sod at times especially after an Owls defeat but even I think Patterson would be a great addition. Some reight miserable barstewards on here who are still living in cloud cuckoo land from the 1990’s!

11 hours ago, theowlsman said:

Without a doubt, he has a goalscoring knack. Deffo a good striker in the making. 

He's scored 11 in his last 74?? What makes you say this?

We should have just kept Nuhiu

11 hours ago, soldierboyblue said:

Promotion bonuses will be in most players contracts which give huge incentives to get promoted :duntmatter:

👀 That’s a fair point and I hadn’t thought of that. 

11 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

He managed 42 appearances last season - and scored 7.

What position do you think we would be signing him to play in? Seems like he has recently become a jack of all trades and master of none.

10 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Looks like he might have been right actually.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44728790

New contract signed on promotion to the Premier League.

Hard to say where he would play mate. I seem to have read the guys tweet wrong presuming he meant he signed for the club and his deal first when they were in the Prem. Callum signed when Cardiff were in the Championship, helped them to promotion and scored 10 league goals from midfield and defence. Looks like he has signed another deal after that, and maybe that could have been a promotion clause. 

17 hours ago, edinburghowl said:

Please happen - I absolutely love Callum.

I’ve watched Paterson loads at Hearts, guaranteed I’ve seen him more than anyone else on here. Callum is a proper professional, a good athlete, great to have around the dressing room and the best header of a ball I’ve seen in 30+ years of watching football. He’s also decent with the ball at his feet too, he’s versatile, and he could be the perfect target man up top too. Sign him up!

Just read a Cardiff fan saying similar.

He said he gives 100%, versatile and can play upfront, on wing or in defence. Said he perhaps doesn’t know his best position. Doesn’t make runs a natural forward would and is a battering ram upfront.

25 minutes ago, Grandad said:

He's scored 11 in his last 74?? What makes you say this?

We should have just kept Nuhiu

Paterson averages a goal every 263 minutes in the Championship, compared to Nuhiu's goal every 304 at the same level. Given that he played 80% of those games in midfield, it would suggest he's a more reliable source of goals than Nuhiu. He was more frequently used as a centre forward in the Premier League.

However, goals aren't the only measure of a forward, of course. It's what they can offer to the team as a whole that really matters. Nuhiu was a useful player for us, but it seems like Monk wants a more mobile, energetic frontline who can close down from the front and press opposition defences.

In that regard, the comments from Warnock sound pretty positive:

“We put him in midfield last year and he scored goals. He’s got an eye for goals, wherever he is. And that midfield role was great. He’s always around, looking [for] goals. And he’s just a genuine kid. He’s as good as anybody in the air that I’ve had. He’s improving all the time. He answers the question.

We try and get people supporting him as much as we can. But he’s got so much energy that he can do that job – and it is a hard job, isn’t it? I said to him about Mitrovic at Fulham. He’s the best at that, really. ‘Be nasty, be a bit like him, Pat, have a look at his videos and see what he does because you’re up against these big lads every week.’ And he’s learned on that. He’s a bit cuter, isn’t he? A little bit cuter. And that’s what you’ve got to be.

You only have to look at the stats, the amount of ground he [Paterson] covers.

He’s just a tremendous lad. He’ll play anywhere for me, do anything.

In the old fashioned days, we used to talk about players running through brick walls, but if I asked him to do that he probably would!”

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Paterson averages a goal every 263 minutes in the Championship, compared to Nuhiu's goal every 304 at the same level. Given that he played 80% of those games in midfield, it would suggest he's a more reliable source of goals than Nuhiu. He was more frequently used as a centre forward in the Premier League.

However, goals aren't the only measure of a forward, of course. It's what they can offer to the team as a whole that really matters. Nuhiu was a useful player for us, but it seems like Monk wants a more mobile, energetic frontline who can close down from the front and press opposition defences.

In that regard, the comments from Warnock sound pretty positive:

“We put him in midfield last year and he scored goals. He’s got an eye for goals, wherever he is. And that midfield role was great. He’s always around, looking [for] goals. And he’s just a genuine kid. He’s as good as anybody in the air that I’ve had. He’s improving all the time. He answers the question.

We try and get people supporting him as much as we can. But he’s got so much energy that he can do that job – and it is a hard job, isn’t it? I said to him about Mitrovic at Fulham. He’s the best at that, really. ‘Be nasty, be a bit like him, Pat, have a look at his videos and see what he does because you’re up against these big lads every week.’ And he’s learned on that. He’s a bit cuter, isn’t he? A little bit cuter. And that’s what you’ve got to be.

You only have to look at the stats, the amount of ground he [Paterson] covers.

He’s just a tremendous lad. He’ll play anywhere for me, do anything.

In the old fashioned days, we used to talk about players running through brick walls, but if I asked him to do that he probably would!”

Then you’d at least be expecting Warnock to be trying to take him to Boro wouldn’t you

• Like 1